Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72

Speeding ticket

This is a discussion on Speeding ticket within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; my wife got out of a 55 in a 35 by fighting it in court......i think in cali. they have ...

  1. #21
    Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    3,693
    2001

    my wife got out of a 55 in a 35 by fighting it in court......i think in cali. they have to appear on thier own time(the officer did not show)

  2. #22
    Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    3,693
    2001

    Quote Originally Posted by hwyhog View Post
    Just to let you all know, well in NC any how. If I clocked you with my radar, or laser I do not have to let you see my clock at all. Yes I can right you a speeding ticket with out using a radar or other speed device. We are traind to estemate speed of a vehicle. I have the ability to clock you coming or going if Im moving or sitting still. I can even get you if you are coming up from behind me, or if I am coming up on you, ( same lane, or same direction of travel ). With my laser I can pick out what vehicle I want to clock. In NC you are wasting you time fighting a speeding case. They will not just drop a charg b/c we dont show up. We are payed to go to court, that is a part of our job.
    guess i am lucky to be in cali......here you have to show me the reading and dont get paid to go to court

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Middle TN
    Age
    37
    Posts
    123

    Pewter
    2000 TransAm

    1st: In TN the supreme court tells us we do not have to show ANYONE our radar guns, it holds up in court all the time.
    2nd: Doplar radar allows a officer to get someone coming and going but is harder to hold up in court if there are other cars around you when you got stopped. Basically the radar pics the fastest speed and the officer has to make the judgement of which car is the fastest.
    3rd: Laser radar is the most accurate and the officer can choose which car he wants to radar. There is a little red dot inside the scope of the radar that allows the officer to get almost 99.9% accuracy on which car he has just lasered.
    4th: Yes it would be a good defense if the officer was not certified with the radar he just used on you.
    5th: If your doing 70mph in a 30mph and I don't have a radar and see you I WILL write you a ticket for careless driving even though I dont know your speed ADMIRAL OBVIOUS STRIKES AGAIN!!
    6th: Officers can write tickets for pacing. There are two blocks on my ticket book in regards to speeding, one says radar and another says paced.
    7th: It is true that if the officer does not show up to court MOST of the time the Judge dismisses the tickets. FYI Nashville pays officers a minimum of two hours OT for showing up to court(money talks).

    These mostly apply to TN but I hope this helps if you have any other questions please ask. I stop on average 100 people a month but give ALOT of warnings cause I only write a ticket if they have more than two violations I.E. You get stopped for speeding and you dont have insurance( I write anyone who does'nt have insurance)... Of course if you run that PIE HOLE there's a good chance your gonna get that ticket LOL...

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Middle TN
    Age
    37
    Posts
    123

    Pewter
    2000 TransAm

    Its a Marine word for YO MOUTH! LOL

  5. #25
    Senior Member SeVeReDiStOrTiOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    8,164

    05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by hwyhog View Post
    Just to let you all know, well in NC any how. If I clocked you with my radar, or laser I do not have to let you see my clock at all. Yes I can right you a speeding ticket with out using a radar or other speed device. We are traind to estemate speed of a vehicle. I have the ability to clock you coming or going if Im moving or sitting still. I can even get you if you are coming up from behind me, or if I am coming up on you, ( same lane, or same direction of travel ). With my laser I can pick out what vehicle I want to clock. In NC you are wasting you time fighting a speeding case. They will not just drop a charg b/c we dont show up. We are payed to go to court, that is a part of our job.

    I smell a LAWDOG!!!

    Seriously didn't they have a basic written exam testing your grammar for your "department"? You also can't estimate the speed of a vehicle...estimate is a fancy word for guessing and that will never hold up in court. You might be talking about bumper pacing but that's not a estimate.

  6. #26
    Single Malt rbob93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,707

    Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

    Why in Hell is this thread in the General Help section??

    NEEDS TO GO TO AAG!!!

  7. #27
    *lick* 99_natural_beauty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Age
    39
    Posts
    153

    White
    1999 Trans Am WS6

    Give the dude a break, I've seen dozens of bad spellers on this site and people don't give them crap. Some of this is pointless to argue about anyway, because what's law in one state may not be a law in another.

    The thing that really gets me is people that know they were speeding or doing something wrong, then get off because of a technicality. I've never fought a ticket I got because I know I was in the wrong. Just seems a bit like cheating to me. I just try to be careful, and yeah, I don't always go the speed limit. If I get busted, then so be it. The money from that ticket probably helps pay the salary of the people who try to keep us safe, or maybe it helps with road improvements.

  8. #28
    Senior Member SeVeReDiStOrTiOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    8,164

    05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by 99_natural_beauty View Post
    Give the dude a break, I've seen dozens of bad spellers on this site and people don't give them crap. Some of this is pointless to argue about anyway, because what's law in one state may not be a law in another.
    I only mentioned it because he's supposed to be a cop...and there's tons of report writing. It's not just the misspelled words, I just can't see how he's a cop writing tons of reports when he doesn't know the diff between right and write...or something as simple as that.

    Too many people act like law enforcement when they're not on some of these forums...including this one. Were you here when lawdog was posting? Hmmm...oct 06 sign up date, nope you weren't.

  9. #29
    *lick* 99_natural_beauty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Age
    39
    Posts
    153

    White
    1999 Trans Am WS6

    I'm an old member that posted quite a bit a few years ago, it's probably been 2-3 years since I was last registered under the same name. There's hardly anyone around from back then that would even know who I was. I don't know who Lawdog is or was, and I wasn't referring to that comment anyway. It just seems cops get a rash of crap on these boards and a lot of people do it just because they're in law enforcement. That's the only point I was trying to make.

  10. #30
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 99_natural_beauty View Post

    The thing that really gets me is people that know they were speeding or doing something wrong, then get off because of a technicality. I've never fought a ticket I got because I know I was in the wrong. Just seems a bit like cheating to me. I just try to be careful, and yeah, I don't always go the speed limit. If I get busted, then so be it. The money from that ticket probably helps pay the salary of the people who try to keep us safe, or maybe it helps with road improvements.
    The reason we fight the tickets is because 90% of traffic offence tickets are bullshit. Spinning your tires pulling out of your driveway doesn't hurt anybody, yet asshole cops will still give you a "reckless" ticket for it. Same thing with speeding, is there a significant safety difference between going 65MPH on the highway or 75MPH in a properly working vehicle?? No, but they can take your money for doing it, so they will. Its screwage.

    Obviously tickets for things that endanger others, such as running a red light or speeding in a school zone, deserve a ticket.

  11. #31
    lmpounded SandmanWs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,028

    Silver
    2007 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    The reason we fight the tickets is because 90% of traffic offence tickets are bullshit. Spinning your tires pulling out of your driveway doesn't hurt anybody, yet asshole cops will still give you a "reckless" ticket for it. Same thing with speeding, is there a significant safety difference between going 65MPH on the highway or 75MPH in a properly working vehicle?? No, but they can take your money for doing it, so they will. Its screwage.

    Obviously tickets for things that endanger others, such as running a red light or speeding in a school zone, deserve a ticket.
    Couldnt have said it better myself.

  12. #32
    Member Transam388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Age
    47
    Posts
    230

    White
    98 Trans AM

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    The reason we fight the tickets is because 90% of traffic offence tickets are bullshit. Spinning your tires pulling out of your driveway doesn't hurt anybody, yet asshole cops will still give you a "reckless" ticket for it. Same thing with speeding, is there a significant safety difference between going 65MPH on the highway or 75MPH in a properly working vehicle?? No, but they can take your money for doing it, so they will. Its screwage.

    Obviously tickets for things that endanger others, such as running a red light or speeding in a school zone, deserve a ticket.
    The reason most fight tickets is they just don't want to pay. Let's face it if you were obeying the LAW you would not have gotten a ticket 99.5% of the time!!! When is enough, enough? Do 35 in a 35 you don't get a ticket. Oh, so a properly working vehicle should be able to go 150 on the freeway.? C'mon! People never see the point until it has an affect on them. Tell ya what...when someone is driving 80 in a 30 and kills one of your family let's see what your opinion is then. Oh, but it is OK since it was on the freeway and their vehicle was in proper working order.? I will say it does suck for getting a ticket for spinning out when no one is around and not ALL tickets are given without a power trip coming from the officer but we need to start taking responsibility for our actions and not always try to blame someone else.

  13. #33
    Member cailey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    832

    Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Some of you guys crack me up.....getting out of a ticket by Radar is easy! It's not that 90% of traffic offence tickets are BS, as someone put it, it's that 90% of the fine is revenue to your city, county, state. Lets face it.....when we get a speeding ticket nine times out of ten we are in fact speeding! But, if you really want to get out of the ticket you have to walk into court not hoping that the cop doesn't show but be prepared. A radar isn't accurate! Several things can throw the readings off. There have been cases where news crews took several of the radar guns in use today and went out to do some testing and found that they are flawed. If the vehicle hasn't been serviced and has something causing interferance it can cause a bad reading. One crew in Miami pointed it at a bush and got a reading of 78mph! Like I said....they are flawed.....if you ever get a ticket remember these things:

    1. You are entitled to subpoena the manual for the radar gun used in your citation, the officers training on the gun, the cars vehicle maintenance records, the shift log, the tuning log.

    2. Don't stand out when the cop is writing you a ticket....I mean don't curse at him do anything that will make him remember you when you go to court. He will probably jot down some notes after he gets back to the car to help him remember but no worries.....he wont remember you in court.

    Now, you will ask for the radar gun manual because in there it will tell you what degree of a beam it shoots. Most shoot a 12 degree beam which means it can cover one full lane of traffic after 10 feet! You want to set the cop up. Ask him how far away you were when he hit you......if he says 100 feet guess what.....there's reasonable doubt! Was there a lot of traffic on the road...other cars....what....telephone wires, power lines, buildings...all these things can cause a bad reading.

    The last ticket I got I was given a ticket for doing 65mph in a 45. When I went to court I asked the cop how far away I was when he first hit me with the radar. His answer was something like 100 feet....I then asked him how long he kept it on me....his answer....3 to 4 seconds.......well....that's all find and dandy BUT......if you look at it.....if I was doing 65mph I would of been traveling 100 feet per second! That means I had traveled 300 to 400 feet while he had the gun on me.......I asked him how he did that and he showed everyone that he kept the radar gun on me while swinging his arm from left to right.....in the radar gun manual it talked about "arm swing" error. That's where you get a false reading from swinging the radar gun too fast.....guess what.....more reasonable doubt.....I could go on and on with this but the point is do some research and you will find that it's easy to get out of a ticket.....just got to go in there and be respectfull and have the facts!! I never once denied I was speeding....I just questioned the means in which the reading was obtained........the local cops pretty much leave me alone now....lol

  14. #34
    Car RamRod 98Camarod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC/ NWS
    Posts
    253

    Green
    1998

    We need to adopt the audobahn. its as simple as that.
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...98Camarod3.jpg
    241's l Comp XER 230/230 Cam l SS4000 l Juice

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Middle TN
    Age
    37
    Posts
    123

    Pewter
    2000 TransAm

    TransAm388 you sir are absolutely correct! As stated in my prior message in regards to a radar gun the "Laser" radar is self tuning and there is NO MANUAL or whatever the gentleman above was talking about. In nashville courts you were either speeding or not. If you were speeding then you pay the fine or go to traffic school which ever the judge decides. Power lines, towers etc.. do not affect the laser radar. The dopler radar however is affected by just about anything and is almost out dated. I can point the dopler radar at my hood and its going 35mph LOL. As a Law enforcement officer trained with both Doplar and laser radar I believe that the Laser radar is one of the most accurate tools we have.

    I totally agree that churping a tire is a stupid way to get a ticket. When most of us are good drivers and can pay attention to the road the laws are made for those IDIOT,STUPID,BLIND,CELLPHONE TALKING CRACK HEADS!! That churp the tires and run into a telephone pole cause they cant handle a V8 etc.. I think you all get my drift when it comes to why most of the traffic laws are made. I've had to respond to several HORRIBLE accidents were kids are wondering were mommy is going(get my drift)...

  16. #36
    Member cailey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    832

    Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by caveblazin View Post
    TransAm388 you sir are absolutely correct! As stated in my prior message in regards to a radar gun the "Laser" radar is self tuning and there is NO MANUAL or whatever the gentleman above was talking about. In nashville courts you were either speeding or not. If you were speeding then you pay the fine or go to traffic school which ever the judge decides. Power lines, towers etc.. do not affect the laser radar. The dopler radar however is affected by just about anything and is almost out dated. I can point the dopler radar at my hood and its going 35mph LOL. As a Law enforcement officer trained with both Doplar and laser radar I believe that the Laser radar is one of the most accurate tools we have.

    I totally agree that churping a tire is a stupid way to get a ticket. When most of us are good drivers and can pay attention to the road the laws are made for those IDIOT,STUPID,BLIND,CELLPHONE TALKING CRACK HEADS!! That churp the tires and run into a telephone pole cause they cant handle a V8 etc.. I think you all get my drift when it comes to why most of the traffic laws are made. I've had to respond to several HORRIBLE accidents were kids are wondering were mommy is going(get my drift)...

    Afraid you're wrong on the laser not having a operators manual....and yes....if you are a cop then you know that if you give a person a speeding ticket then it's not as simple as they were speeding or not. I lived in TN also and understood their laws also......if you gave me a speeding ticket I assure you I could get a copy of the operators manual to the laser gun, your training on the thing and pretty much anything else I wanted as long as it delt with the ticket....I also assure you that you can get out of a ticket given by laser. While they are better than the regular radar guns they aren't 100 percent. And you're right......we have laws for a reason......we wouldn't have to worry about tickets if we all followed them......or would we.....in reality all a cop has to do is write you a ticket for pretty much anything he'd like......we're the ones that have to prove otherwise.......I have a brother in law that's a cop so I get to hear all the good stories....

  17. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX.
    Age
    45
    Posts
    19

    Red
    2002 Camaro SS

    Dude, where do u get these ideas from. They do not have to show you or store anything. They do not even have to get you on radar, they can estimate your speed.

  18. #38
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by jpick1353 View Post
    Dude, where do u get these ideas from. They do not have to show you or store anything. They do not even have to get you on radar, they can estimate your speed.
    true but when going to court...its a completely diff situation...guessing almost never holds up in court..you just have to come perpaired and like ta338 said never deny that u were speeding.

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Middle TN
    Age
    37
    Posts
    123

    Pewter
    2000 TransAm

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    true but when going to court...its a completely diff situation...guessing almost never holds up in court..you just have to come perpaired and like ta338 said never deny that u were speeding.
    The judges here in NASHVILLE have and WILL ask you if you were speeding and the moment you say YES, your guilty!! I go to traffic court often and the same thing happens every time. I had a lady swearing up and down that she was not speeding and that they had a radar detecter. I told her she needed to get her money back cause she was the only car on the road and that I was using laser radar. Oh yeah and she tried that at court, she even brought a lawyer( what a waist) but all the judge asked was were you speeding and she said "YES" well she had to go to traffic school but she ended up paying for a lawyer, court fees etc.. when all she had to do was request traffic school on her ticket. We even have a online class available. She was'nt very happy with me but I told her so.

  20. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX.
    Age
    45
    Posts
    19

    Red
    2002 Camaro SS

    traffic court is not like a real court, it is just a kangaroo court. Just pay your couple hundred bucks and move on. I make $150/ hr so its not even worth my time to worry about it. And people are really going to hire an attorney???? Let me give you a hint, a real attorney can't be hired for less then a few grand for anything. You are a total moron if u hire an attorney for a traffic ticket.

    I think the ones who are hiring the attorneys are the some ones that say a fairy has limited their cars top speed, and that they are still squealing their tires as the accelerate from 150mph to 200mph.

    please step away from the crack pipe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •