Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Someone, anyone help me please!!

This is a discussion on Someone, anyone help me please!! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; man if i where you i would get rid of the programmer . one of my friends had one on ...

Black
    2002 Trans-Am

man if i where you i would get rid of the programmer . one of my friends had one on his mach and it was doing the same thing. throwing all kinda a codes at him and on top of the it screwed up his nos set up...... to much time to go into details but yea...as sson as he changes to the SCT tuner everything is great. never missfired again and no more codes to worry about... from a f-body man to another i would go with the edit or HP tuner for help

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Ok, drove the car 35 miles (mostly interstate) to school today and got these codes: p0152, p0300. The car idled fine and drove ok until about 2 0r 3 miles into the drive it misfired on me then cleared up a bit. It didn't misfire again but the car feels like im driving with the e-brake on, which im sure is caused by the drop in fuel pressure when throttle is applied. So anybody got anything?

Pewter
    1999 TA M6

I would not rule out a possible cat. converter failure because i have seen some that will through misfire codes if 1 or both is clogged. If it seems like you are driving with your e-brake on then this could be a possibility. just drive it and get it good and hot then get under the car and see if the conv. are glowing. Just another guess without knowing exactly what codes are showing up. When the mechanic did the fuel pressure test what was the psi to begin with before opening the throttle. Not sure on what the specs are supposed to be but if it is below about 50psi and dropping then could be a reg. or pump. Also the EGR valve could be part of the problem. My car had a small mis and (being a GM/Chrysler technician) i have access to the GM scanner which told me that the valve was stuck open about 16%. Cleaned it and it helped out a little but it still misfires some at idle due to my cam.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Just wanted to throw in here-I have seen the fuel pumps fail and start working fine w/o any logic to it.Like any electrical motor -say a starter that gets a bad spot-it works sometimes and not others. It won't set a code though so you need a fuel pressure gauge on it when it's messing up to make an accurate diagnosis.

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Flobeast385, I dont have any cats but the egr sounds interesting. Im going to do a full top end clean and have em check the egr (there was a small leak around the egr when i first brought it in but that was sealed up). I fear its the pump though. Thanks for all the help everybody, ill keep you informed and if there are any other theories please let me know.

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

I just wanted to let you guys know that it was the fuel pump. We replaced that and its been running fine ever since. Thanks again for all your help.

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

I was WRONG! still doing the same thing, so anybody have any new ideas?

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Too much money

I feel bad you are spending a bundle. Would it be possible to return as much to 'stock' as possible, then start over until the problem starts again? Process of elimination without spending and spending forever. I don't know if you saved all your stock parts over time.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Take a clean, empty spray bottle, like an old bleche white or armor all sprayer, and spray a light mist of water across the coil packs on the valve covers. See if there is any kind of arc on either side, or the engine starts running rough. You might have a defective ignition system. Anyway, I wasn't having that problem, but the guy at the Chevy place told me that was a quick check to see if your coil packs are arcing on the engine. Prolly not the problem in your case, but something to try, I guess!
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Theres not too many more things that it could be. The thing is I drove it for like 3 days for long distances and it was running great. Got in it this morning and bam, started misfiring.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by DemonSpeed
    Theres not too many more things that it could be. The thing is I drove it for like 3 days for long distances and it was running great. Got in it this morning and bam, started misfiring.
    Well, it's gotta be something. That is quite an interesting Gremlin you have there. Find a good running Z28 somewhere, and swap parts. Start with the coil packs, then the wires, then the plugs. If it still acts stupid, then you might have an internal problem. Worn timing chain, rockers are out of adjustment, bent valves. It sounds like the ignition system to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information