Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

so i got the car tuned

finally got my car tuned and dynoed so i could see some numbers on it to see what im working with. baseline was 288.4rwhp 324.9 torque. after the tune i ended up with 331.6/356.9. what do u guys think? decent numbers with what i got on it so far? the baseline surprised me i though it was going to be at least 300.
    2002 z28-slp cai, slp loudmouth, slp tuned headers, slp 85 mm MAF, slp high flow cats, 3" y-pipe and collectors
    331.6 rwhp/356.9 rwtq

OMGls1jz
    wow that tune gave you a huge gain!

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

yea im happy with it, car seems to love it im going to try to get the graphs up soon

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Baseline was somewhat low but after the tune your about average..
    Congrats and let the fun begin
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

*POSSIBLE DICK ALERT*

Question. Was the guy tuning your car just some guy, or was he a reputable shop? I ask only because I thing it seems REALLY low. Under 3 stock? Really? i'm not trying to brag or be a dick, but i'm 341, stock...well almost stock. No headers, no tune, and no pulleys. Just lid, K&N, and a dyno mouth exhaust. I've been told it's a factory freak, but it's not the only freak i know.

If you see /have dyno days in your area soon, i'd do it. You might be pulling better than you think.

Oh, and what kind of dyno was it?

Like i sadi, I'm not tryingto trash you or brag, it just seems really low (base numbers) for an '02. i'm an '01 A4!!

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86 View Post
    *POSSIBLE DICK ALERT*

Question. Was the guy tuning your car just some guy, or was he a reputable shop? I ask only because I thing it seems REALLY low. Under 3 stock? Really? i'm not trying to brag or be a dick, but i'm 341, stock...well almost stock. No headers, no tune, and no pulleys. Just lid, K&N, and a dyno mouth exhaust. I've been told it's a factory freak, but it's not the only freak i know.

If you see /have dyno days in your area soon, i'd do it. You might be pulling better than you think.

Oh, and what kind of dyno was it?

Like i sadi, I'm not tryingto trash you or brag, it just seems really low (base numbers) for an '02. i'm an '01 A4!!
    yeah the shop i went it is a reputable mustang shop in the buffalo area. it might have been a dynojet that the guy had im not sure. but maybe cause he does at lost of work on stangs it was programmed weird or something. i was surprised myself to be under 3 stock. oh well

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

Last edited by slpdablueZ28; 11-14-2008 at 02:37 PM.

Bat Outta Hell

Black
    96 Z28Ttops, 98 Z28 Conv.

Damn on a stang dyno your numbers will be lower as opposed to a Dynojet right???

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

haha yes it worked, finally got the pics up, tinypic sucks apparently anyway those are the dyno sheets

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

doesn't look like a very smooth curve to me.....

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86 View Post
    doesn't look like a very smooth curve to me.....
    yeah it looks a little wierd to me too. shifting from 2nd to 3rd peaks at 498hp? wtf? any comments/speculations/opinions/trash talk watever is welcome

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by NightRiderZ View Post
    Damn on a stang dyno your numbers will be lower as opposed to a Dynojet right???
    yeah thats what i heard im pretty sure they had a dynojet though. wat he told me though is that my baseline at 288 is better than wat hes seen on new stock gt's with just a tune. he said that new gt's with the exhaust done were lucky to hit 300 on his dyno. so he was impressedd to see 331 on my car. if his dyno is throwing some weird numbers or something i dunno. im just glad to hear a stang guy admit that my car is a stang killer. and apparently this guy is a well recognized drag racer in western ny. his 5.0 is pretty sweet.

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

oh by the way he said that is i ran 91 or 93 octane gas i would see 10+ hp increase. cause i run 87 on it, yes yes i know i should be putting in the good shit but im a broke college student who spends his summers working 60+ hours a week to get goodies for the car. and i took a huge hit with that oil leak i had a couple weeks ago

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

87 octane did you get it tuned to run on 87, my car stock running 87 pings crazy. Id agree if you use higher octane and had the tune for that octane, since i get the feeling you are tuned for 87 you would be at a higher number.

I'm not surprised at all to see those low numbers before the tune.

With all those bolt ons you have,,,along with the SLP MAF installed,,,,I wouldn't be surprised if your AFR's were all over the place.

That car needed to be dialed in for sure. Especially with aftermarket MAF's. My wifes car has one,,,and it took quite a bit of tinkering in the MAF tables to get it (JUST) pretty close. You really can't throw those things on a car and expect it to work out of the box,,,,they really need to be tinkered with in the tune.
    Afterwards it's obvious though you are making similar numbers to other cars with same mods. Now go race that things and see how the numbers compare to real track times.

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    87 octane did you get it tuned to run on 87, my car stock running 87 pings crazy. Id agree if you use higher octane and had the tune for that octane, since i get the feeling you are tuned for 87 you would be at a higher number.
    yea i got it tuned for the 87 cause thats wats i run. i poured 91 in it one time but i felt like it just went through the tank faster than normal.
    Last edited by slpdablueZ28; 11-14-2008 at 04:49 PM.

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I'm not surprised at all to see those low numbers before the tune.

With all those bolt ons you have,,,along with the SLP MAF installed,,,,I wouldn't be surprised if your AFR's were all over the place.

That car needed to be dialed in for sure. Especially with aftermarket MAF's. My wifes car has one,,,and it took quite a bit of tinkering in the MAF tables to get it (JUST) pretty close. You really can't throw those things on a car and expect it to work out of the box,,,,they really need to be tinkered with in the tune.
    Afterwards it's obvious though you are making similar numbers to other cars with same mods. Now go race that things and see how the numbers compare to real track times.
    question wat is ARF? sorry still learning, young and foolish, this is my first car, and i managed to end up with my dream car. i started buying stuff for it to try to get some better performance out of it. the tune definately helped the car though from wat i feel from it. theres still a lot of things i want to do to it, i just need to save up that green.

Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    question wat is ARF? sorry still learning, young and foolish, this is my first car, and i managed to end up with my dream car. i started buying stuff for it to try to get some better performance out of it. the tune definately helped the car though from wat i feel from it. theres still a lot of things i want to do to it, i just need to save up that green.
    Sorry,,,Air Fuel Ratio. I'm sure that the tuner used a wideband to dial in your air fuel ratio since you were on a chassis dyno and all.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    AFR is your Air/fuel ratio. It tells you how lean or rich your car is running.

And you really should be running it on 91 (thats what we have here in cali) or 93 because your car will/should ping like hell, and your car wasn't meant to be run on cheap ass gas. It's even in the manual that 89 should be the lowest.

The tune woke it up, but if you spend $1.60 more a fill up, you'll REALLY have a fun car. Honestly, is $1.60 or $3.20 a week not worth it to you and the overall life of your "DREAM CAR"??? It's less than a sixer at the liquor store (unless it's PBR, lol). Do yourself a favor and spend 3 bucks more a week on your car

Trust me.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

sorry for the thread jack but i have a question regarding a "dynotune". what exactly is it? what do they do? for example, i have a 99z28, with only free ram air mod, k and n filter, no cats and a flowmaster 40 series. if i were to take it to a shop and said i want a dynotune what all would that consist of(what would they do)? besides tell me to get lost and come back when i have some more mods. thanks.

Thread Information