Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

"Small Evap Leak"

I visited autozone today and they checked my code for my "check engine light". That stupid things been on since I bought the car a year ago. Its been on constantly, than a few months ago it stopped for a good month or two, than came back and has been on since. I took it to a shop and they said that when the smoked out the gas tank, they saw some smoke rising from the fuel tank into the trunk. No it wasn't a gas tank cap problem like it shoulda been, like it is 99 percent of the time

My question is, is this something I should be worried about? I know it could be anything, and its been on forever, but I just wanna know if I should look more serious into it in the near future.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

nothing to really worry about other than vapors in the car so unless you're smelling gas it can wait. If it's coming from back there then it could be the line going from the tank to the canister. The canister is located in the far corner of the rear quarter panel on the drivers side. To fix that line you'd need to drop the tank. I'd wait until you have to do a fuel pump and just fix it then.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I don't smell anything but when I have near a full tank of gas, drive around for a little than park it, I can hear the gasoline slushing around the tank lol. I figured it could be a line but Idk i wanted to see if anybody here wanted me to look out for anything I should be suspicious of.

And I'll definitely get it checked out when the fuel pump goes out..but hopefully the pump wont go out!! I keep that thing above a quarter tank 100% of the time!! hahaha

Thread Information