Thread: SLP lid

Black
    Trans Am WS6 2000

SLP lid

I installed a SLP lid on my Trans Am WS6 2000. I have problems starting my car. Any ideas to solve the problem?
    Thank you

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Welcome to the site.
    I install it on my ss. I didn't have no problems. Did u plug all the sensors? Double check that. Because I dnt think the problem has to do something wot the lid

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by neukoln6 View Post
    I installed a SLP lid on my Trans Am WS6 2000. I have problems starting my car. Any ideas to solve the problem?
    Thank you
    There shouldn't be a connection between the lid and the starting problem. Just make sure the MAF is properly installed and plugged in. If everything is installed ok, then give us a little more info on your problem and we'll help out.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

do you have a SES light on? The other thing I could think off is that there is a hole somewhere in the hose. You did put the MAF the right way correct?

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

My money says he Didn't hook up the maf sensor

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Wouldn't it still run if the MAF was unplugged? Not drivable but still idle?

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

It will still run without the MAF plugged in (ask me how I know).
    Did you disconnect the battery for install ? double check the terminal connections.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Black
    Trans Am WS6 2000

Thank you for your help. When I installed the lid I also installed the racetronix fuel pump, that also gave me some problems. The mechanic who did it told me it was the pump. told me to put back the stock. I didn't. The car runs great. We plug the MAF and all sensors, I made sure of that. I took it back to my regular mechanic, who is by the way against mods, and told me to change the air sensor. it was broken.. He did changed. He said the computer gives an error, the air mix in the catalytic converter. It starts better but not great. He told me to put back the stock lid. Do I need a tune for that? I am installing a ported and polished throttle body and a SLP loudmouth 2 exhaust soon, Do I need a tune?
    Thank you again
    Klaus

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

The lid shouldn't cause any issues. No tune for the lid. You have another issue. You mention that the air intake sensor was bad. If you disconnected the battery the PCM needs to relearn the idle which it takes a few miles. Do you have a service engine soon light on?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by neukoln6 View Post
    Thank you for your help. When I installed the lid I also installed the racetronix fuel pump, that also gave me some problems. The mechanic who did it told me it was the pump. told me to put back the stock. I didn't. The car runs great. We plug the MAF and all sensors, I made sure of that. I took it back to my regular mechanic, who is by the way against mods, and told me to change the air sensor. it was broken.. He did changed. He said the computer gives an error, the air mix in the catalytic converter. It starts better but not great. He told me to put back the stock lid. Do I need a tune for that? I am installing a ported and polished throttle body and a SLP loudmouth 2 exhaust soon, Do I need a tune?
    Thank you again
    Klaus

Sounds like you fixed it by replacing the air sensor. Jay is right it will take a couple of starts for the PCM to re-learn.

If that "mechanic" is against a simple and proven air lid upgrade I'd find another "mechanic". No tuning necessary for a lid or P&P TB. I've only had to get a tune after I did my LT headers and I've mod way more then you. That was to get rid of the rear O2 sensors and adjust the fueling tables.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Thread Information