Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Exclamation SLP Air Lid Install

Anyone that has installed an SLP air lid, how do you get the IAT sensor out of the factory lid/baffle and into the SLP lid. I dont care to break the sensor and have a 3300 lb. paper weight.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Why would your car be a paperweight over a $30 part? It can be hard to get the IAT out of the grommet...I already had a new one waiting to be installed so I used pliers to get the old one out. You just have to be more careful if you're reusing the old sensor, but pliers are still ok to use.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Yup.

Should be able to 'carefully abuse' it.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Maroon
    2006 Impala SS

I used just a tad or three in one oil and a plyers and a little force..Mine came out with no problems.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

thanks guys. i just wasnt very sure and was over at a friends garage installing a Loudmouth system, smooth bellows, and i was hesitant about the SLP lid. sounds like if i go to a parts store i can pick up an IAT sensor and have a backup incase i 'gently abuse' the one in the factory baffle a little to hard. hopefully them come this friday i can get into the Dyno shop and see what numbers the car makes. also, how do you create a sig so people can read what all has been done to ones car? and what does SOM mean? thanks again.

The Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
    thanks guys. i just wasnt very sure and was over at a friends garage installing a Loudmouth system, smooth bellows, and i was hesitant about the SLP lid. sounds like if i go to a parts store i can pick up an IAT sensor and have a backup incase i 'gently abuse' the one in the factory baffle a little to hard. hopefully them come this friday i can get into the Dyno shop and see what numbers the car makes. also, how do you create a sig so people can read what all has been done to ones car? and what does SOM mean? thanks again.

Go into your control panel at the top it will say "user CP". Click on that and you will be able to create you sig. But you will have to click the button at the bottom every time you want to use it with a post, it doesn't just automatically post it for you.
    S-Sunset O-Orange M-Metallic

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i wanna know how you got your car down to 3300 lbs?

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

my bad, it was a figure of speech. i didnt know how much they weigh so i looked it up. a 2000 SS weighs in a tad over 3400 lbs. i just estimated on the weight. but to answer your question, remove spare and jack, rear seat, change exhaust from steel to aluminium, delete A/C, remove sound deadening padding, lose power windows, take out radio and speakers (seriously no need for a system when you have a V-8 that has the best beat, sound and acoustic range of all).

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Air Lid is on, and what a huge difference it made. gonna try to get into a dyno shop friday to see what she makes!
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Thread Information