Results 1 to 19 of 19

Should I Part it out?

This is a discussion on Should I Part it out? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have a 98 formula red/orange metallic with 109k on it, Perfectly fine car. But i need to get rid ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member wikked_r1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Manitowoc, WI
    Posts
    58

    Red Orange Metallic
    1998 FIREBIRD FORMULA

    Should I Part it out?

    I have a 98 formula red/orange metallic with 109k on it, Perfectly fine car. But i need to get rid of it asap. I was thinking about selling it for 6k. But im afraid noone will buy it because of winter. I was thinking about parting everything out just so that it would sell and i think i could get 6k from it....any advice? the only reason im thinking about selling it or parting it out is because i have a baby on the way and i dont want to be paying for it just to be stored for winter.

  2. #2
    Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Parma Heights, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    891

    SOM
    99 Trans Am

    At 6k, if the car is as legit as you say, it will sell quick.

  3. #3
    We'll be back... GatorSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    THE SWAMP
    Posts
    1,446

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by wikked_r1 View Post
    ... the only reason im thinking about selling it or parting it out is because i have a baby on the way and i dont want to be paying for it just to be stored for winter.
    "Paying for it just to be stored..." About how much are you talking?

  4. #4
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Don't part out a perfectly good running car.

    Somebody will buy it if you put the right price on it, $6,000 sounds more than fair.

  5. #5
    Junior Member wikked_r1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Manitowoc, WI
    Posts
    58

    Red Orange Metallic
    1998 FIREBIRD FORMULA

    Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS View Post
    "Paying for it just to be stored..." About how much are you talking?
    well my payments are about 290 a month plus 112/month insurance. plus 50 dollars a month for storage for roughly 6 - 7 months. so about 2400 dollars-ish. just to let it sit....the baby is due late june to early july...i could use the money....but this being my first child....im really not sure how expensive kids are..

  6. #6
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by wikked_r1 View Post
    well my payments are about 290 a month plus 112/month insurance. plus 50 dollars a month for storage for roughly 6 - 7 months. so about 2400 dollars-ish. just to let it sit....the baby is due late june to early july...i could use the money....but this being my first child....im really not sure how expensive kids are..
    To store it that long, I'd just cancel insurance on it. Thats for sure. I'd just store it and pay it off...

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rpaids,IA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    354

    Red
    1998 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by wikked_r1 View Post
    well my payments are about 290 a month plus 112/month insurance. plus 50 dollars a month for storage for roughly 6 - 7 months. so about 2400 dollars-ish. just to let it sit....the baby is due late june to early july...i could use the money....but this being my first child....im really not sure how expensive kids are..
    My insurance company has what they call storage insurance. It cost only $10 a month and covers anything that happens to the car while in storage.
    Don't part out the car, someone out there well buy it for $6K.
    1998 Camaro SS Hard Coupe Bright Red #1593
    Mods: Lots!!, still my daily driver except for winter
    383rwhp 370rwft/lbs

    1979 Corvette
    Mods Lots!!, weekend cruiser
    325rwhp and 320rwft/lbs

    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (Yes its got a HEMI)
    Mods: Catback, BFI CAI, Winter daily driver

  8. #8
    Junior Member wikked_r1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Manitowoc, WI
    Posts
    58

    Red Orange Metallic
    1998 FIREBIRD FORMULA

    what insurance company do you have? i have esurance and i tried to cancel all my coverage except for comprehensive but it wouldn't let me..... but thinking about it...even without insurance or 10 dollars a month thats still 2 grand.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rpaids,IA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    354

    Red
    1998 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by wikked_r1 View Post
    what insurance company do you have? i have esurance and i tried to cancel all my coverage except for comprehensive but it wouldn't let me..... but thinking about it...even without insurance or 10 dollars a month thats still 2 grand.
    United Insurance Agencies of Iowa

  10. #10
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cleveland ohio
    Posts
    11,376

    trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

    best price?

  11. #11
    Senior Member bigrondownhiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,674

    Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

    Quote Originally Posted by wikked_r1 View Post
    what insurance company do you have? i have esurance and i tried to cancel all my coverage except for comprehensive but it wouldn't let me..... but thinking about it...even without insurance or 10 dollars a month thats still 2 grand.
    Well if you are making payments on it you will need full insurance. At the right price you should have no problem selling it. You can try here, ebay, craigslist. Why do you have to store it?

  12. #12
    Junior Member wikked_r1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Manitowoc, WI
    Posts
    58

    Red Orange Metallic
    1998 FIREBIRD FORMULA

    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    best price?
    what do you mean?

  13. #13
    Junior Member wikked_r1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Manitowoc, WI
    Posts
    58

    Red Orange Metallic
    1998 FIREBIRD FORMULA

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Well if you are making payments on it you will need full insurance. At the right price you should have no problem selling it. You can try here, ebay, craigslist. Why do you have to store it?
    youre right about having to have full insurance....you said at the right price i should have no problem selling it...my problem is that i still have 6k to pay on it and i dont want to lose money on it....i would keep the stereo in it and the brand new exhaust on it and thats already losing 1500 alone....and with winter being here im not sure who would buy it locally...i have to store it because i live in wisconsin and we usually get alot of snow and salt and crap like that and i dont want the car to get destroyed....i have been watching ebay for how much they've been selling for but i cant find one comparable to mine, and the ones i do see either have like 30000 miles on them and selling for $20000 or theyre newer with alot more miles and no mods....and theyre not selling.....i think i'll have a buddy of mine that i work with post it on here to see what i can do...i dont have 100 posts yet.

  14. #14
    Member NoscamaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Durant, Okla
    Posts
    737

    NBM
    2002 Camaro

    Too bad you werent closer, Id probably snatch this one up from you!

  15. #15
    Bat Outta Hell
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Southeast Texas
    Posts
    84

    Black
    96 Z28Ttops, 98 Z28 Conv.

    I'll buy the T-tops and a bucket seat for 500$!

  16. #16
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by NightRiderZ View Post
    I'll buy the T-tops and a bucket seat for 500$!
    I'll take the door panels and some of the interior plastic.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    18

    Black
    2002 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by wikked_r1 View Post
    ...but this being my first child....im really not sure how expensive kids are..
    A lot more than you can imagine, but worth it, good luck...

  18. #18
    Member jamessr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    266

    White
    2000 Trans AM

    I'm sorry, but parting out/selling a perfectly fine car because your having a kid isn't a good excuse. And yes I'm a father of 2. I just don't see the logic behind it, most folks want a reliable car when having kids.

    Anyway if you must I'd sell it outright.

  19. #19
    formally 01 T/A 0verkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego ca
    Posts
    2,253

    "Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by jamessr View Post
    I'm sorry, but parting out/selling a perfectly fine car because your having a kid isn't a good excuse. And yes I'm a father of 2. I just don't see the logic behind it, most folks want a reliable car when having kids.

    Anyway if you must I'd sell it outright.
    if you just buget your self for a bit you should find that you can have bouth at the same time, the kid and the car. i know how it is i have 1 son and a second on the way. the car is the only thing i get the kids get the rest. but dont part it out. it will sell post it on crageslist or some place. good luck

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help: T-Top peeps - need a part name or part number
    By NYKRINDFW in forum General Help
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 08:30 PM
  2. Way to Go, ...Again, GM (Part 3)
    By wileyCoyote in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 03:39 AM
  3. Help! I Need to find this part/part number!
    By BOILER_WS6 in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 12:10 PM
  4. Right part / wrong part
    By pajeff02 in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 02:55 PM
  5. LSX part by part build
    By Sarge in forum General Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 07:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •