should i buy this car

This is a discussion on should i buy this car within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I am looking to buy this 1998 ws6 ta .It has 101600 miles one owner car i offered him 8000 ...

black
    2000 pontiac firebird ws6

should i buy this car

I am looking to buy this 1998 ws6 ta .It has 101600 miles one owner car i offered him 8000 1 year ago and now he is takiing me up on that offer.I got on kbb and trade in value is 6900.I sell cars so i won't pay over trade in value am i crazy to pass this car up if i can buy it for 6900
    And another question what is the best mods if i do buy this car ................cam, intake,headers,trotttle body...ect what order please help

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

that is kinda a lot of miles for a LS1 but some say it isnt, dont pay more than 6500$ for it, just my advice

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

well, taking consideration that by now it probably has replaced suspension and tires, i'd look into how much itll cost you to replace the whole drivetrain. if you really want the car for a while and want to mod it out, i'd calculate how much itll cost for maybe a pre-modified new LS1 block or what i'd think would be the best, SLP's LS2. Then look into trannys and a Moser 12 bolt. PM me if you'd consider going this route.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Are you getting it to sell it or do you actually want the car... that IS a lot of miles on one of these cars.

black
    2000 pontiac firebird ws6

the person that owned the car is a doctor,and it was never driven hard.i want to keep it and built it up a lil bit and smoke some mustangs....ARE THESE MOTORS NOT ANY GOOD WITH ALOT OF MILES EVEN IF THEY WERE DRIVEN EASY.?? I am new at all of this so please help

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

yes and no

some people will tell you they have an LS1 upto 200,000 miles
    i havent heard any horror motor stories on the LS1's yet, though i have for the LS2's

i think whatll be the cost of maitenence is not the motor, but everything else. in a year my alternator, water pump, transmission, and ignition cylinder went. now my window motor is acting up, axle is leaking, and shocks are squeaking.

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

I dunno man...as the golden rule...miles are a car's worst enemy. That is a lot of miles on the car especially for a 1998 model. If it was never driven hard, and had routine maintenance done all the time and was kept up, then it shouldn't have any out of the ordinary problems... Key word = shouldn't. If I were you, I would try to find a lower mileage one, but that's just me. Good luck.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

yea, save up a little bit more. best deal i've seen was $13995 for a red SS with 22,300 miles, Y3F body kit, C6 chrome rims, and SLP loudmouth. just hunt down a good camaro on the net for weeks on end and you won't regret it.

Silver
    2002 Z28

If you are buying it and plan on driving it a lot then look for something under 30k.... 22k on my 2002 and its still practically brand new. Cept for the dam window motors, and warped rotors... that will all happen almost instantly lol.
    2002 Camaro Z28 A4

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    If you are buying it and plan on driving it a lot then look for something under 30k.... 22k on my 2002 and its still practically brand new. Cept for the dam window motors, and warped rotors... that will all happen almost instantly lol.
    Haha, I know...those window motors suck ass

Thread Information