Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Which Shocks to install on 98 Z28? SLP Bilstein vs Koni STRT

Ok guys it is time to replace my shocks...although my camaro only has 60, 000 original miles on it....I realize the sensatracs on the front and pathetic De carbons on the rear have been done for sometime. I'm thinking the strt's have to be good quality with the koni name, but I know koni doesnt build these, they have another company build them and they valve them. Thoughts?

My ride has a custom forged aluminum block with AFR 210 heads and vrx4 cam, along with fast 92/92 set up. It also has eibach springs, sfc's, srut tower brace, and strano sway bars on the way..the car is not a dd...but i do want to start canyon carving soon........thanks for your help with this......

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I do have Blisteins HD on my all around with eibach springs on front only. They have been great form my car but mine is DD only. They make the ride more stiff but it handles well driving around. the main improvement for me has been on the rear end. Mine used to hit the bump stops all the time.

Koni are top of the line for our vehicles but I don't have any experience with them. there are numerous members that have them and i'm sure they will share their experience. From what I heard Stranos springs are the best for our vehicles two. I don't like to lower the rear since I start hitting the speed bumps real bad so I only did the fronts with eibach(which I heard is not that great but I got a great deal in just the fronts)springs.

If I decide to keep my car I would then put stranos springs next time I need to replace the springs.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    I do have Blisteins HD on my all around with eibach springs on front only. They have been great form my car but mine is DD only. They make the ride more stiff but it handles well driving around. the main improvement for me has been on the rear end. Mine used to hit the bump stops all the time.

Koni are top of the line for our vehicles but I don't have any experience with them. there are numerous members that have them and i'm sure they will share their experience. From what I heard Stranos springs are the best for our vehicles two. I don't like to lower the rear since I start hitting the speed bumps real bad so I only did the fronts with eibach(which I heard is not that great but I got a great deal in just the fronts)springs.

If I decide to keep my car I would then put stranos springs next time I need to replace the springs.
    Yeah, I saw the HD bilsteins but they appear to be more applicable for stock springs right? I have eibachs all around so I need a shockt that can handle the set up......
    Last edited by jb3golf; 10-10-2013 at 08:14 AM. Reason: missing proper word

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

I would love to get the koni sports, but obviously they are very expensive. .....maybe I should just get the bilstein slp shocks and call it a day......
    Last edited by jb3golf; 10-10-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I have iebach springs in the front with blistein. been running them for about one year now. no issues. I would have installed them in the rear with eibachs as well.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

How does the set up behave when taking corners? How much body roll?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I just do dd but I dont noticed too much body rock when I take sharp turns.

Thread Information