Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

She needs to loose 400lbs.. HELP PLZ

This is a discussion on She needs to loose 400lbs.. HELP PLZ within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; sweet. i cant wait to check it out, wut did you pay for all those goodies....

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

sweet. i cant wait to check it out, wut did you pay for all those goodies.

hugger orange

the black one is the TCI, silver is the stock one.

ebay specials! 3,000 rpm stall $140 shipped (originally $500)
    220/224 .570/.580 112 $115 +$17 shipping
    comp 918 valve springs free from a very good friend
    ported and polished the hell out of my factory 241 heads ($65 it bits)
    ported and polished my throttle body (free)
    Pacsetter LT's $450 shipped
    3" dual exhaust (bought two 10' sticks of 3" pipe for $35 each)

hugger orange

oh big needed part is a tranny cooler if you do any mods especially a stall

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

damn that thing is much smaller. you like that stall, do ya. i think i might have to get me one of those. how hard was the install. i have a chasis lift and a tranny stand/jack

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by JAX04 View Post
    damn that thing is much smaller. you like that stall, do ya. i think i might have to get me one of those. how hard was the install. i have a chasis lift and a tranny stand/jack
    except for the top/center tranny bolt, i think it was the easiest tranny drop and reinstall i have ever done. it only took about 3 hours the first time (on the floor on jack stands) and my chest and knee was the tranny jack lol it kinda hurt when my girl dropped the jack (full open) and the tranny fell on me....but i got good pitty sex after

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

a/c, heater system, window washer resivoir and system including wipers and motor

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

i do appreciate that transam but i am keeping the comforts of my car as best i can. i do realize that is where the major challenge is going to be. i still think it can be done. but again thank you for the advice

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    except for the top/center tranny bolt, i think it was the easiest tranny drop and reinstall i have ever done. it only took about 3 hours the first time (on the floor on jack stands) and my chest and knee was the tranny jack lol it kinda hurt when my girl dropped the jack (full open) and the tranny fell on me....but i got good pitty sex after

very nice. lucky you thought you could trust her with that hangle huh. your like ok when i say go, turn the handle very very "awww god dammit, thas heavy, AWWW that fuckin hurt" sorry i couldnt resist. but thats cool man, glad to hear it was pretty east. and hell yes for the pitty sex. i originally from mechanicsburg pa, not far from carlisle.

hugger orange

very nice. lucky you thought you could trust her with that hangle huh. your like ok when i say go, turn the handle very very "awww god dammit, thas heavy, AWWW that fuckin hurt" sorry i couldnt resist. but thats cool man, glad to hear it was pretty east. and hell yes for the pitty sex. i originally from mechanicsburg pa, not far from carlisle.
    lol yup thats about how it went.
    i lived just out of Hagerstown from day 0 till is was 30 years old, then finally found this place and moved out. i know exactly where Mechnicsburg is. Mercersburg is about 7 miles out of Greencastle and Chambersburg, kinda forms a big triangle

im not, im waiting on tci to get the darned six speed auto with paddles out. i cant wait. there saying 800 hp holding capacity. and its 6spd. oh boy. if that doesnt work for me as far as money i dont know. right now the goal is 400lbs i would really love to get down to corvette weight. WITHOUT buyin a vette. i figured i nip that in ass right now before someone says it. which they still will cuz they arent all reading this post. wuts the difference in the 350 and 400 turbo?
    I haven't seen one but I'm willing to bet that 6 speed will add some heft. The old 350 and 400 turbos are 3 speeds and operate very simple.

The biggest difference between the two in stock form would be strength. From there the gear ratios are slightly different.

350 turbo,,,,,,2.52-1.52-1.00
    400 turbo,,,,,,2.48-1.48-1.00

The 350 is a much smaller trans and in turn much lighter also. The internals are lighter as well so it takes less HP to turn it.
    As you can see first gear is much more friendly and there isn't a huge rpm drop on the 1-2 shift. Compared to the 4L60E that has a very steep 3.06 first gear then drops all the way down to 1.62. Horrible for racing.
    A stall converter can help this rpm drop to some degree but the engine will still spend most of it's time in second gear.

All these trannies can be built to handle just about any amount of power. It all depends on what you want in a transmission.

I would think a 6 speed manual swap would be easier than that 6 speed auto swap Not sure but something you might want to look into. I'm not even sure the factory computer is capable of operating the new 6 speed auto or whether or not a 4L60E converter would swap over and work.
    I'm guessing no on either. So thats an added expense.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

i see, no the tci comes with is own piggyback for the computer. it has its own control module and the reason i dont want the clutch is for the reason of boost. im boosting very soon for a daily driver/ weekend warrior. so im more for the auto. plus ive always like the paddle shift. lol. thats the ricer in me. sorry. but still. i wonder if the 350 or 400 would be a good idea for me with what im doing. ummm. idk?"

i see, no the tci comes with is own piggyback for the computer. it has its own control module and the reason i dont want the clutch is for the reason of boost. im boosting very soon for a daily driver/ weekend warrior. so im more for the auto. plus ive always like the paddle shift. lol. thats the ricer in me. sorry. but still. i wonder if the 350 or 400 would be a good idea for me with what im doing. ummm. idk?"
    I couldn't answer that last question. Only you know what you want out of the car. With alot of boost in mind you shouldn't need much rear gear at all, so an overdrive really isn't necessary. Most all out drag cars go straight for a 400 turbo setup. I've even seen a few street cars now doing the same.
    Just depends on what you want. With road racing in mind generally a manual trans is more suited for that.
    I'm sure that 6 speed with paddle shifters is going to cost a pretty penny though.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

yeah i got quoted 5970 for the complete kit. i wonder what the difference in gas mileage would be with the 400 on stock motor and what not. does anyone know what the final drive ratio of the 4l60e is? Damn this thread is getting totally off topic. but its cool cuz i da OP. Lol. seriously, is the final ratio in the 4l60e a 1.0?

hugger orange

yeah i got quoted 5970 for the complete kit. i wonder what the difference in gas mileage would be with the 400 on stock motor and what not. does anyone know what the final drive ratio of the 4l60e is? Damn this thread is getting totally off topic. but its cool cuz i da OP. Lol. seriously, is the final ratio in the 4l60e a 1.0?
    the 4l60e is an overdrive tranny.
    I can't remember, 4th is either .85:1 or .75:1

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

well that sucks. i do tend to drive my car at distance from time to time. maybe i need to find a 4l80

hugger orange

well that sucks. i do tend to drive my car at distance from time to time. maybe i need to find a 4l80
    the 4l60e can be built incredibly tough with the addition of a Beast clutch pack add sprage, along with a few other parts

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

i know, but when im out on the highway i would like to be able to achieve some kinda of gas mileage. i do drive for some distances.

i know, but when im out on the highway i would like to be able to achieve some kinda of gas mileage. i do drive for some distances.
    The 4L60E has a .76 overdrive.

For racing and still keeping an overdrive ratio in an auto tranny I would shoot straight for the 4L80E.

It's basically a 400 turbo with an overdrive, and has the same forward gears as the 400 turbo,,,2.48, 1.48, and 1.00 along with an overdrive gear that escapes my memory.

But these 3 forward gears are much more friendly at the strip than the 4L60E when you start adding power,,,especially with boost in mind.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

yeah i was thinking the same. theres different one though. are they all made for the the trucks. just so i know im looking at the right things

yeah i was thinking the same. theres different one though. are they all made for the the trucks. just so i know im looking at the right things
    There are retro kits out there to stick the 4L80E in just about anything you want. I know it's been done 100 times before on the 4th gens. Not sure on the goats though.
    I've checked on them before for the older stuff, which requires the stand alone computer to run it, wiring harness, new converter etc...and it was around $3,000 for a drop in deal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information