Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

She needs to loose 400lbs.. HELP PLZ

This is a discussion on She needs to loose 400lbs.. HELP PLZ within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Something we did on a buddies car was to remove ever bolt and washer,,,body bolts, sheetmetal ...

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Something we did on a buddies car was to remove ever bolt and washer,,,body bolts, sheetmetal bolts etc...

Then made duplicates of all the washers out of aluminum,,,then painted and reinstalled all the bolts. Time consuming but it looked factory.
    We didn't do this on any suspension pieces though.

Making any support brackets out of aluminum is time consuming but worth it. Anything like bumper brackets, seat supports, etc...then you can take that a step further and swiss cheese the brackets in areas where structural integrity isn't important. This trick can also be done on any steel brackets you have.

Some other tricks we have used work on the older cars, I'm not real familiar with the new goats and whats available aftermarket as far as lighter suspension pieces or body parts. But we have gutted factory radios and reinstalled them just so it looks like it works. You can also do that with a heater, running the hoses and but they are internally blocked off and the heater core is gone. Still looks like it works.
    From what I am gathering here you may not care if things look factory or not though in which case simply removing it sounds more your style???
    Hahaha. Can I have the leftover stereo components and speakers? If that is your style.

1968 Cutlass 350 auto red
    2000 z-28 6 spd. White

Fiberglass hood I know will cut about 20 pounds and you don't need that muffler and exhaust system just headers

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by tomz28 View Post
    Fiberglass hood I know will cut about 20 pounds and you don't need that muffler and exhaust system just headers
    Haha. Beautifully loud.

Sebring Silver
    00 Camaro SS/09 LS3 Vette

Lightweight Wheels
    K Member
    Lightweight battery
    Sound deadening
    Spare
    Rear seats
    Carbon fiber hood and fenders
    Delete the cat-back
    Delete air conditioning
    Delete heater core for an electric heater
    Winshield washer resivoir
    fab'd 9 inch
    Lightweight seats
    Lexan

Take the hookers out of the trunk and drop a duece

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLs1 View Post
    Lightweight Wheels
    K Member
    Lightweight battery
    Sound deadening
    Spare
    Rear seats
    Carbon fiber hood and fenders
    Delete the cat-back
    Delete air conditioning
    Delete heater core for an electric heater
    Winshield washer resivoir
    fab'd 9 inch
    Lightweight seats
    Lexan

Take the hookers out of the trunk and drop a duece
    do you know of anyone that has fabbed up a 9" with ladder or 4 link in a goat? i have a free 9" laying here and the thought has crossed my mind

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

yes, yes, i love it. but does anyone currently make plexi windows for the goat. man thats gotta shave some weight for sure. also, will they still be usable. oh yeah. does plexi look like real glass. havent seen many just curious

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by JAX04 View Post
    yes, yes, i love it. but does anyone currently make plexi windows for the goat. man thats gotta shave some weight for sure. also, will they still be usable. oh yeah. does plexi look like real glass. havent seen many just curious
    What have you done so far? Or what do you plan on doing, out of what is listed?

White
    1998 Trans Am

Not sure if anyone said this yet but I know my lower springs weighted less than my factory set. Didn't weight them to see how much but they felt a good amount lighter.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Something I forgot about since I'm not familiar with the new goats,,,,

Ditch the IRS. They are heavy and since I assume you are gutting the car for some form of racing (drag racing???) A solid axle is not only lighter but would serve you better.

With the aftermarket as strong as it is I would assume someone has to be making a solid axle conversion for these cars????

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

sorry firebird. not a drag kinda guy, i gotta have the IRS for them twisty turnies. you know.

sorry firebird. not a drag kinda guy, i gotta have the IRS for them twisty turnies. you know.
    AAhhh,,,so road racing is the goal here???

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    What have you done so far? Or what do you plan on doing, out of what is listed?
    i have not done much as of yet. just tinkerin with shit, i am planning on doing most everything that will not sacrifice my interior. i am changing the front seats for some lighter weight aftermarkets though. other then that, i may consider taking out the material under the carpet. but i would like to keep the car looking stock as possible with the exception of the exterior bolt on shit like springs and wheels. im workng with a guy right now i hope on a driveshaft. and i have an auto. so can i even get a lighter fly wheel. its my first auto ever. so i admit i dont know much about them

i have not done much as of yet. just tinkerin with shit, i am planning on doing most everything that will not sacrifice my interior. i am changing the front seats for some lighter weight aftermarkets though. other then that, i may consider taking out the material under the carpet. but i would like to keep the car looking stock as possible with the exception of the exterior bolt on shit like springs and wheels. im workng with a guy right now i hope on a driveshaft. and i have an auto. so can i even get a lighter fly wheel. its my first auto ever. so i admit i dont know much about them
    Okay, my kinda guy, keep things looking stock but take out the weight without noticing.
    With that auto you could swing for a stall converter. Most people look at them from a higher rpm performance standpoint...but there are some hidden advantages.
    Not only are they lighter since they are smaller, in some instances as much as 15 lbs. or more,,,but you also are losing unsprung weight on the end of the motor. So you get a double benefit here with less weight allowing the motor to rev more freely. And you are taking some weight out of the car where it's most needed,,,,over the nose ( or close to it)

You can accomplish the same effect with an underdrive pulley, just not as drastic. Takes a shorter belt as well again cutting a pinch more weight off of it.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

excellent. im actually looking for right now, i was thinking a 32-3500 cuz im going remote turbo within the month. i do appreciate the help firebird. keep it coming man. im taking a trip out to pheonix this year. well thats the plan. ill have to hit you and can go beat on some imports.

If you want to get expensive here we can dig into the motor with lighter parts, lighter rotating assemblies again allow the engine to rev faster and the overall package is slightly lighter.

You can get crazy with the auto's too. The 4L60E is a heavy pig,,not sure how it would hold up to road racing or if it's even condusive to good performance. Swapping in a 350 turbo would take tons of weight out of the car, has a better gear spread,,,and the lighter inside parts put more HP to the ground and allow the engine to rev faster as well.
    You can even take this a step further and install lightweight aluminum drums inside the trans. Again this is unprung weight so it's a double whammy. I know some guys that were doing this in the FAST series and even pure stock racing for that slightly quicker ET.

You may want to do some digging,,,,I'm willing to bet they offer the lightweight parts for the 4L60E tranny's if you are determined to keep it.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 03-10-2009 at 07:43 AM.

excellent. im actually looking for right now, i was thinking a 32-3500 cuz im going remote turbo within the month. i do appreciate the help firebird. keep it coming man. im taking a trip out to pheonix this year. well thats the plan. ill have to hit you and can go beat on some imports.
    Thats cool. We could meet up and grab a bite to eat or something. I'm always around.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

im not, im waiting on tci to get the darned six speed auto with paddles out. i cant wait. there saying 800 hp holding capacity. and its 6spd. oh boy. if that doesnt work for me as far as money i dont know. right now the goal is 400lbs i would really love to get down to corvette weight. WITHOUT buyin a vette. i figured i nip that in ass right now before someone says it. which they still will cuz they arent all reading this post. wuts the difference in the 350 and 400 turbo?

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

oh, wut about fenders, anyone make them.

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    AAhhh,,,so road racing is the goal here???
    shit my bad, i didnt even answer your question.. Yes, my goal is road racing, with the once in awhile drag. im really just sick of vettes. i can make 100hp more then them, but they weigh 700lbs less. so they kill me. so with that said, im really just trying to level the playin field a hair, (with out buyin one) and make a bad ass sleeper. "my will be done" one way or another. lOL

hugger orange

I'm running a TCI 3,000rpm stall and if feels pretty much stock unless your really getting into it....just takes a hair more throttle to get moving. big difference in weight from the stock to the TCI.
    ill post some pics of them side by side today for you.....on a stock motor this mod can knock a 1/2 second. off of your 1/4 mile time.

plus you can delete torque management, adjust shift points, pressures and shift delays to really wake the car up.
    the a4 is amazing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information