Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48

SES CODE running rich bank 2...

This is a discussion on SES CODE running rich bank 2... within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 0rion I don't think O2's are at the root of this problem. It would be much more ...

  1. #41
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I don't think O2's are at the root of this problem. It would be much more consistent if they were. Plus I've been running lazy O2's for a couple years now and get a heater code on a regular basis but have zero fueling issues. I have bosch 13111's ( vette rear) sensors in the garage waiting to go in this spring when I go back to mafcl. The bottom line is you'll have to get a log of the car when it's actually going rich to see what's going on. I would wonder if you have an injector sticking. Have you run injector cleaner through it or anything like that?
    ran a bottle the tank b4 it first came on...have not since that was in dec. i think

  2. #42
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    how about the maf? Cleaned it recently? If I remember correctly this just kinda popped up right? It was fine then just popped up? I'm just trying to think of fueling related things you can check. I'm not entirely sure what shows up on the freeze frame data when the code is thrown but you could maybe have frost look at that and see what he can figure out from it.

  3. #43
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    how about the maf? Cleaned it recently? If I remember correctly this just kinda popped up right? It was fine then just popped up? I'm just trying to think of fueling related things you can check. I'm not entirely sure what shows up on the freeze frame data when the code is thrown but you could maybe have frost look at that and see what he can figure out from it.
    frost has looked...but light was out

    cleaned a couple months ago...will again

    ya just popped up...multiple times

  4. #44
    Member BlueMagicSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Age
    29
    Posts
    295

    Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I don't think O2's are at the root of this problem. It would be much more consistent if they were. Plus I've been running lazy O2's for a couple years now and get a heater code on a regular basis but have zero fueling issues. I have bosch 13111's ( vette rear) sensors in the garage waiting to go in this spring when I go back to mafcl. The bottom line is you'll have to get a log of the car when it's actually going rich to see what's going on. I would wonder if you have an injector sticking. Have you run injector cleaner through it or anything like that?
    most times if you run quality gas through them like chevron's techron, they have cleaning agents already in them that work pretty good... however you can use gas additives...

  5. #45
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMagic08 View Post
    most times if you run quality gas through them like chevron's techron, they have cleaning agents already in them that work pretty good... however you can use gas additives...
    i use main shell some east coast and exxon

  6. #46
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

    Finally got a scanner PO172 and Po175 were set at the same time and freeze frame read:
    TPS 25.8
    Speed RPM 2019
    Calc Load% 24.7
    MAF 69.96
    Map KPA 73
    Coolant Temp 195
    St ftrim1 0.0
    Lt ftrim1 -11.6
    St ftrim2 -4.9
    Lt ftrim2 -12.1
    Vehicle speed 38mph
    Fuel System 1&2 Closed

    We cleared it and later that night back again and read
    TPS 12.9
    Speed RPM 1637
    Calc Load% 11.3
    MAF 32.25
    Map KPA 44
    Coolant Temp 188
    St ftrim1 -1.0
    Lt ftrim1 -15.0
    St ftrim2 0.7
    Lt ftrim2 -15.9
    Vehicle speed 53mph
    Fuel System 1&2 Closed

  7. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    friendswood,tx
    Age
    36
    Posts
    17

    maroon
    2000 chevy tahoe

    Quote Originally Posted by GNICTRY View Post
    Finally got a scanner PO172 and Po175 were set at the same time and freeze frame read:
    TPS 25.8
    Speed RPM 2019
    Calc Load% 24.7
    MAF 69.96
    Map KPA 73
    Coolant Temp 195
    St ftrim1 0.0
    Lt ftrim1 -11.6
    St ftrim2 -4.9
    Lt ftrim2 -12.1
    Vehicle speed 38mph
    Fuel System 1&2 Closed

    We cleared it and later that night back again and read
    TPS 12.9
    Speed RPM 1637
    Calc Load% 11.3
    MAF 32.25
    Map KPA 44
    Coolant Temp 188
    St ftrim1 -1.0
    Lt ftrim1 -15.0
    St ftrim2 0.7
    Lt ftrim2 -15.9
    Vehicle speed 53mph
    Fuel System 1&2 Closed
    looks like fuel pressure regulator is leaking pull the vacum line off and check it. rich means extra gas not air. a vacum leak would be lean. your either not getting enough air or too much fuel. dirty injectors usually make it run bad at an idle. sometimes wrong or fouled spark plugs cause this also.

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6
    mann I am having the same problem with my 00SS, cold air intake and lid are the only mods. been that way since 2003.

    car seem to jerk a little during cruising speed like a stead 40mph or so.

    does jerk all the time, but pulling the same 2 codes po172 and po175, bank 1 and 2 trim rich

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Trans am running bad getting a po308 misfire code on bank 8
    By Street Fighter in forum General Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-27-2016, 05:05 AM
  2. One Bank Running Rich
    By Boostd1 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
  3. Help: LS1 ruunning rich on Bank 1
    By MTT700 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 10:13 PM
  4. 1 bank runs rich
    By anuka in forum General Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 04:20 PM
  5. P0172 Trouble Code (system too rich bank 1)
    By Red97LT1 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 09:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •