SES Code help....I am lost. Would this cause the car to stall?

This is a discussion on SES Code help....I am lost. Would this cause the car to stall? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I was having all sorts of trouble with my firebird, and then I finally replaced the wiring harness. It started ...

Green
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am

SES Code help....I am lost. Would this cause the car to stall?

I was having all sorts of trouble with my firebird, and then I finally replaced the wiring harness. It started up great and ran for about 7 minutes. Then while monitoring Datamaster an SES code 16 (Distributor ignition system (low resolution pulse) came up and the car stalled. After that I could not get the car to start. I waited for about a day and try to restart the car. It started but then died again..."ahh: . Has anyone had this type of problem or any insight on what I can do? Any help or direction would be helpful. Before replacing the wiring harness I was getting SES codes 13, 16, 41 & 63. 13, 41, & 63 were fixed by replacing the wiring harness plus ( I noticed that some wiring got a little too close to the headers)...But # 16 seem to be hanging around.

94 Firebird, 383,6spd,LT4 heads, 58mm t/b, Hooker long tube headers, 3" straight exhaust, Vortech t-trim supercharger

Code 16 is for the Opti-Spark system. Disconnect the ECM and the Opti-Spark and check continuity across the harness you just replaced. If you good continuity, replace the Opti-Spark

Thread Information