Silver
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

service vehicle light

hey all....I was driving my T/A this afternoon and the service vehicle light came on for just a few seconds and then went off... I turned my car off as soon as I could once the light had come on and off, since then I havent seen it come back on...what could have caused this and whats the difference in the service vehicle vs ses light? also my ses light has been coming on and going off more rapidly lately...I was correct in assuming that it was my idle postition sensor, but it also threw a code of running lean on both banks...anyone know what could correct this....also, the reason that I thought the idle postition was weird cuz when I have the A/C running it makes the idle run at 1500-2000 rpm for a few seconds before it comes back to regular idle running speeds....any thought on how to correct that too...thanks

Chris

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Ok as far as your service vehicle light, Car thinks its time too change oil, turn the car off, then turn too ign, but dont start, tap gas pedal too the floor three times, then let off and turn too off. Should reset your light.
    PUll out your iac control valve and clean it up, make sure not too damage the tip or adjust it.
    Its on the side of your intake right behind your maf housing.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Pewter
    2000 SS

Every 3000 Miles A Light That Says Oil Change Will Light Up, Not Sevrice Vehicle. My Car Is Throwing The Same Lean At Both Banks Code. Could Be A Dirty Maf Or Could Be A Vaccum Leak Some Where

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Umm, Yea I can speak for an 01 and my service vehicle comes on there bud, and its for the oil change.
    J

I've seen posts for service vehicle light coming on for 3rd brake light out, cruise control out, etc. If it's staying off don't worry about it - probably a BCM code.

Pewter
    2000 SS

If You Don't Have A Light That Says Oil Change That's Fine. Keep Speaking For Your 01 Instead Of Trying To Help Doggles13.

Doggles13--its Normal For The Motor To Rev Up When You Click On The A/c. The Motor Has To Work Harder To Run The Compressor. Why Do You Think Your Car Feels Like A Sled When You Have The A/c On.

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Hey dude just calm down ok, were all here too help each other and not get into a childish bs session.
    Sorry too all for gettin off topic
    J

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by ADAM-00SS View Post
    If You Don't Have A Light That Says Oil Change That's Fine. Keep Speaking For Your 01 Instead Of Trying To Help Doggles13.

Doggles13--its Normal For The Motor To Rev Up When You Click On The A/c. The Motor Has To Work Harder To Run The Compressor. Why Do You Think Your Car Feels Like A Sled When You Have The A/c On.
    you should change your attitude on this site, our tolerence for arrogance keeps going down

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

and eventually you might get one of these ( )

Silver
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

Thanks for the help...I checked the Idle Sensor and it was caked with carbon so I carefully cleaned all that off and reinstalled it. then I took the throttle intake off and cleaned all that plus the MAF. i checked a few of the hoses and sure enough I did have a vacuum leak on one of the hoses...I dont know what its called though but I could sure use a new one...after I did all that the car ran much smoother and all lights have been off and stayed off...thanks for all the help everyone

Chris

Thread Information