Black
    1998 Trans AM

Service Engine Code help

Two days ago after I filled up with gas my Service Engine light came on. After I read some threads on this site I checked the gas cap but the light is still on. Todsy I went to Autozone to get the test for the code and here is what I got:

OEM Number to cross: P1415

BBAir system bank 1 fault
    Explanation
    During the Air system test the ECM looks for a change in the 02 sensor voltage- No change was dectected
    Probable cause
    1- Air pump electrical fault
    2- Blocked Air system
    3-Failed Air Pump

I dont know what to do now. Can any body help with what I should do to fix the problem and how much it may cost? Any info would be appreciated.

Black
    2000 WS6

It could be a clogged drivers side air check valve.

That would be my guess also, easy to replace yourself and cheap from your local parts store.

Black
    1998 Trans AM

Ok thanks guys. Only one problem, I dont know what or where a check valve is located. I tried looking it up in my repair manual but no luck. Any way u could show a picture of one or point me in the right direction?

2002 WS6

Looks kind of like this. Its hooked to a tube from exhaust manifold and goes towards firewall. I think that's a good description, not at home right now. It should be black but the replacement I got was a brass color.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Had to replace both of ours in the fall due to a similar code. They were t-i-g-h-t! Ended up removing the tube from each manifold and had to use a heat wrench to break the valves loose.

Be aware that there a couple of manufacturers of these valves -- I actually had 3 different styles show up at our local Autozone. They kept re-ordering until I had a matched set of the style that looked most like the stock valves. Therefore, you may want to order a set and replace them both.

black trans am

check the hose going on the right side of the eng bay (looking at the car) long black hose that comes off ur air box and goes down to the air pump and it comes back off pop it off and try #1 start the car up and see if it has air coming out of it.... if yes then try to blow in the end that goes under the hood if u cant then there is a set of three valves that might have went bad one is uses vac to open and close it self

red
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by draggo View Post
    Two days ago after I filled up with gas my Service Engine light came on. After I read some threads on this site I checked the gas cap but the light is still on. Todsy I went to Autozone to get the test for the code and here is what I got:

OEM Number to cross: P1415

BBAir system bank 1 fault
    Explanation
    During the Air system test the ECM looks for a change in the 02 sensor voltage- No change was dectected
    Probable cause
    1- Air pump electrical fault
    2- Blocked Air system
    3-Failed Air Pump

I dont know what to do now. Can any body help with what I should do to fix the problem and how much it may cost? Any info would be appreciated.
    I just replaced both of my check valves for the same reason...the p1415 points to the driver side but while I was under the hood I checked the passenger side as well. It was completely clogged as well. I also ran a length of pipe cleaner down the pipes to see how clogged they were...almost completely blocked with carbon. I think my weekend project is removing the AIR pipes, soaking them and removing as much carbon build up as I can...then I get to try the sparkplugs. Good luck!

Thread Information