Second gear chirp?

This is a discussion on Second gear chirp? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have a 6 speed trans. on my formula and it was always relatively easy for me to chirp the ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    99 Formula M6

Second gear chirp?

I have a 6 speed trans. on my formula and it was always relatively easy for me to chirp the tires into second gear. However i recently installed SLP's flowpack on the car, and now I am unable to get the same chirp into second gear. I think it may be because when i have tired these past few times i have had a pasenger in the car. Could that be the cause or could it be something else w/ the intake? Its kinda got me worried. however i still have to try it by myself, it could be just that simple. But i find it kinda hard to believe that an extra 180 pounds or so can be the difference in chirping second. Let me know what u guys think.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Probably wearing your clutch. Thats not good for it. I did that alot when my car was brand new till about 7,500 miles when the clutch started slipping.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

Its not the passenger mine will do it with 4 people in the car, I would like more info on the clutch problem INMY01TA was talking about though cause if its hard on the car i'll stop, I didn't figure it was hurting anything

Western Maryland LS1's

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

There are a lot of variables

Sometimes it is easy to do sometimes it isnt - clutch temp, tire temp, road surface temp, rpm, lots of stuff comes into play here.

I have found there is a certain technique at a certain rpm to get a nice chirp from the tires. When I am full on shifting from 1 to 2, I often dont hear anything because of engine rpm, but I know the rear tires are breaking loose because I can feel the car getting loose, so I know the clutch slippage is minimal. I am planning on putting a clutch in next Summer. Mine has 63,000 miles on it and I have taught both my sons how to drive stick on this car, not to mention the occasional abuse I give it. I am planning on getting everything I need to replace it and then take my 19 YO to the dragstrip and teach him how to stage and run a car on a dragstrip. If I can drive it home fine, if I cant well at least I know I have the parts to fix it when I get it home

Thread Information