Results 1 to 12 of 12

Scatter Shield

This is a discussion on Scatter Shield within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; So after seeing some horrific videos online, I have been considering the installation of one of these. I don't really ...

  1. #1
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Scatter Shield

    So after seeing some horrific videos online, I have been considering the installation of one of these.

    I don't really often hear of too many people using these on here, but maybe it's just something that doesn't get discussed too much? I am thinking it certainly isn't overkill by any means. Safety first right?

    So....to those of you who have them, where did you get yours and what brand did you use? I really haven't researched this much so I have no idea how much I would even be looking at spending yet.

    Jon

  2. #2
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    if i was racing every weekend i would... but it wouldn't hurt to have one... i'd rather keep my feet...

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDbrvUtNJfU[/ame]

  3. #3
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,509

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    if i was racing every weekend i would... but it wouldn't hurt to have one... i'd rather keep my feet...


    OP, If you were racing every weekend, then yeah I'd get it, but cruising or DD nope.



    Spaz I got this off of your link above. Watch this vid, I think he was using N2O with a plastic intake manifold?!?!?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYf5OIQG8XA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

  4. #4
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    OP, If you were racing every weekend, then yeah I'd get it, but cruising or DD nope.



    Spaz I got this off of your link above. Watch this vid, I think he was using N2O with a plastic intake manifold?!?!?
    racing has nothing to do with it...there are plenty of cases of street machines doing it...

    i will roll with a blanket and a scatter shield when i drop my trans for a rebuild.

    i like having my feet.

  5. #5
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    racing has nothing to do with it...there are plenty of cases of street machines doing it...

    i would roll with one
    my buddy with a WRX wagon had his come through the floor board and in to his dash... started a small fire inside his car but a passing truck driver hosed down his car with his extinguisher and disconected his battery for him... later that week he said he heard of another wrx doing the same thing but that guy lost his foot... don't know how true the other one was though cause the guy bull shits a lot... but his car story was real...

  6. #6
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    my buddy with a WRX wagon had his come through the floor board and in to his dash... started a small fire inside his car but a passing truck driver hosed down his car with his extinguisher and disconected his battery for him... later that week he said he heard of another wrx doing the same thing but that guy lost his foot... don't know how true the other one was though cause the guy bull shits a lot... but his car story was real...
    it doesnt take any really special event for a TC to fail or a clutch to break apart.

  7. #7
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    OK, yeah I will be getting one

    I wish I would have thought of it prior to having my T56 built. Now I'll have to drop the trans again, but I think it's a wise investment and a good piece of mind knowing it's there just in case that "oh shit" moment ever would happen.

    I'm with shady...I like my feet and legs also

  8. #8
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post

    I think he was using N2O with a plastic intake manifold?!?!?
    I've never even heard of a plastic intake

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    421

    NBM
    1998Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I've never even heard of a plastic intake
    You must have never looked under the hood of your Camaro!!!! Damn at least check the oil!

  10. #10
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    You must have never looked under the hood of your Camaro!!!! Damn at least check the oil!
    it's composite...

  11. #11
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    8 responses and not one has answered my original question

  12. #12
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    8 responses and not one has answered my original question
    mcleod

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. T-Top Shield Question...
    By theorangeguy in forum General Help
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 07:51 AM
  2. Gonne Shield
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Gun's & Ammo
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 07:00 PM
  3. Wheel Shield?
    By Juts_z28 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 03:19 PM
  4. DIY turbo shield
    By maxgee in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 04:47 PM
  5. Anyone a fan of The Shield?
    By jimmy77611 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 10:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •