Thread: sbc heads

red/white
    78 malibu

sbc heads

I have purchased a set of sbc heads with 208 in 160 ex valves. Someone said that I had to get some kind of spacers because the valves a to far apart? That the roller rockers would not ride wright. some input please thks every one for looking

Yellow
    1969 el Camino

Spacers????

I think that the valves are 160 ex and 202 in. Your roller rockers should work fine. If you did a cam swap you may need to change the push rods. As far as spacers be cause the valves are far apart, that really does not make sense. The distance between the valve stems is a constant that is the same on all sbc from the begining in 1955. The size of the valve itself is again a constant, depending on the valves used. If memory serves me correctly 1.60 inch exhaust and 2.02 inch intake are the largest for a sbc without going to a custom design and then I do not know if it is possible. If you bought your heads from a reputable vendor or person just give them a call or email and ask them what they think.

Have a good one,

Bill

red/white
    78 malibu

Thumbs up sbc heads

I was wrong they are 208 in. 165 ex. the problem is the valves are so big the rockers donot set on the vale correctly. they are off to one side. no in the middle of the valve. my q? was do they make something to alaign they to be back center? Iwould send pics but dont know how to post them. email me at doorslamers@verizon.net I will send pics of my heads and rockers.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Last edited by Cutlass; 10-25-2010 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Edited to make clickable link more obvious

red/white
    78 malibu

sbc heads

that was my ?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Click on the link I posted and your question will be answered.

red/white
    78 malibu

sbc heads

It said sucsefuly loged in but still didnot let me do it email me doorslamers@verizon.net Iwill send pics I do have jessel pedastole rockers. not singuley. sorry about spelling. there on a stand that holds two rockers. email me you will see. maybe I can not use them?

red/white
    78 malibu

Sorry I get off work late If it takes some time to get back its ok with me. I just want to know. Thks

If they're 2.08/1.65, they were meant for something other than a 4" bore motor. Sounds like you bought a set of heads with an altered valve angle and or port location. You may need offset rockers. You really need to figure out what you have first.

Why did you sign up on an LS1 site to ask a SBC question!? A why buy parts you know nothing about?

Thread Information