Pewter
    99 Z/28

rpm's through speaker???

this is caused by my plug wires right? simple fix get new wires and the "wee" voice will stop playing from my speakers right? just want to be sure before i get some more, my current wires have around 40 thousand miles on them.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 28Marcos View Post
    this is caused by my plug wires right? simple fix get new wires and the "wee" voice will stop playing from my speakers right? just want to be sure before i get some more, my current wires have around 40 thousand miles on them.
    No, it is not caused by your wires. That is only racing wires or (I think) wires that were used along time ago.
    Is your stereo or any of the components aftermarket? That will cause a problem

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Bad ground.
    Somewhere. Check headunit first.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

As Mr. Luos says above, and also if you have an aftermarket amp and your signal wires (rca's) are routed too close to power wire this noise interference can occur.

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

There are primarily three types of radio interference that can come from the car - ignition noise, alternator whine and on occasion whine from some electrical accessory.

Ignition noise is mostly pops and most prominent when the radio is set low on the AM dial, alternator and other electrical interference usually attacks AM, FM, tape &/or CD equally.

After verifying eveything's well grounded you can attack the problem. Ignition noise is usually plug wires or a failing coil. Alternator whine can be a failing alternator but it usually sneaks in when one has power amps. The quality of and where you ran the low level audio wires to the amp is most often the culprit, however some less well-made amplifiers don't have sufficient filtering. One of those large caps close to the power amp may help as will adding toroidial coils around the main alternator wire. You can get these from Radio Shack that just snap on, they're used on computer monitor cables but aren't as effective as the true large toroidial cores you have to remove the wire to install.

Make darn sure the engine block is connected to the car body is connected to the battery negative terminal is connected to the engine block terminal - kind of a triangle arrangement.

If you ran a negative wire from the front to the trunk make sure it's grounded to the car body in the rear.

Pewter
    99 Z/28

hmm, it sounds to me like a bad ground, i'll check my aftermarket head unit, and my system setup for a bad ground. thanks a lot!

White
    2002 WS6

I would check your wires also, I had a problem similiar to this and that was the cause
    2002 white WS6, M6 N/A full weight 11.30@124
    2007 TBSS AWD 14.20@98 bone stock

Blue
    2002 Z-28

This problem is simple and very common in the world of car audio. Poor ground's on either head unit (particularly pioneer's) or On your RCA's.

Sometimes this is best fixed by running your own external grounding wires to these components

Thread Information