Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Rough idle/motor dying since adding 242R cam

I have been having trouble getting my motor to idle correctly even since installing a 242R cam and having a Dyno tune.
    I got a code for a IAC and replaced that with a new one and also replaced the Air Temp Sensor on the intake while I was at it.
    It started and idled fine for about a week then back to the same trouble. I am not getting any trouble codes. Fuel trim and all are within specs.
    It is intermittent as it does not happen every time I start the car and is not always when hot or cold. It is only at idle that I have any issues.
    Sometimes it will die when putting it in to drive or reverse multiple times and I have to keep the gas up a bit to slam it in to gear to keep it from dying which is not great on the tranny. Other times it will start and idle fine. I don't know how rough the motor should be running with this cam in it so I have nothing to compare it to. Before the cam swap I never had any issues.
    The motor never dies if I am driving or stop at a stop light etc.. It is only when first started and putting it in to gear. If I were to put it in to gear while coasting downhill it would not die.

Anyone have any similar issues with the same cam in their motor or ideas on other items to check? I am not getting any codes and have had my mechanic hook it up to his much more sophisticated computer than my handheld and can find nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Has the throttle body been ported? Can you see live data with your handheld?

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Has the throttle body been ported? Can you see live data with your handheld?
    TB is stock. Do need to clean that and the MAF and replace the rubber that holds the lid in place or get it with a lid.

The handheld is supposed to show live data on my laptop but have not tried that yet.

Not knowing if the cam was supposed to make the car shake as much as it does instead of lope I had my mechanic do a misfire count on it and it was all OK there.

That is about as far as I have gotten so far. What are you suggesting?

Thread Information