Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ripped off at local Vette Shop

This is a discussion on Ripped off at local Vette Shop within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ^ I agree fully. And how can you make alligations of slander without even giving any evidence and acting like ...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

^ I agree fully. And how can you make alligations of slander without even giving any evidence and acting like whoever believes this guy is a moron? I mean look at the work order and amount of labor charged. I wish more people would go to court like this guy did because then shops that take advantage of people would be a little more hesitant.

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAEL1951 View Post
    There is MORE to this than 1quick6.0 wants you to know. This is a fact. I took the time to research this whole thing due to the fact I have been dealing with Northstar Corvettes for years and can honestly tell you Dave has always treated me great as well as many many others. The fact that a person comes on here and Corvette forum JUST TO BASH a company w/o giving you the facts iMO is just plain slanderous. You all can believe what you want and it seems that you have which is sad. But unless you took the time to research than you dont the know the whole story. As far as winning! hardly! Just as for proof! Copies of this post as well as the one in Corvette Forum which by the way was deleted by the moderaters have been sent back to Northstar. I can tell you 1quick6.0 has not heard the last of this slander!
    "slandering with out giving facts"""

what was the invoice? fact, or in the court room would be evidence #1.

]There is MORE to this than 1quick6.0 wants you to know. This is a fact.]

soo what else is there, did he get his tires rotated for $140?

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

^ no way! Tire rotation is 6hrs. labor at 80 per hour.

white
    2002 z28

stop low balling the number, im talking about a FULL service rotation ( topping off inflation on each tire)

white
    2002 z28

Lololol

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    stop low balling the number, im talking about a FULL service rotation ( topping off inflation on each tire)
    LOL your right! that is a low estimate.

FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

I really can't wait for the shop owner to come on and try to cover his a$$... But will he really come by to face the jury?!?! I'm not sure how you can cover the fact that there is a bill that was shown on this thread for a ridiculous labor times. But hey, we could be wrong. So till then... I"M WAITING!!

white
    2002 z28

honestly that could really screw his buisness bad in his area.. not that im sorry for him, but like any shop who tries to screw someone, theres always that chance that it will back fire.

green
    94 z28

The owner of the shop is going to be responding very soon, I came on this thread to give my opinion of the situation. It is not for me to prove to anyone anything, thats the owners job. And believe me he will be doing so. I can understand how all of you feel about this based on the info the customer provided. Most people know there are two sides of the story. He infact suceeded in making everyone believe his story, that is all but the good people who know Northstar and have no problems with them. So expect the owners side of the story to be out soon and the results will be played outside of the forum.
    And what is/can he going to say? He over-charged like crazy and the guy is warning people about the shop. That is legal my friend, as I can almost guarantee you that every time someone has used a shop of some sort, they have told people about how good/bad they did. Just because it's online doesn't make it illegal. If a place does a shitty job on something, in this case the price, people should be warned about it. Deal with it.

The only way this could go lean in his way is if he can prove that he actually won the case and didn't have to give the money back, but the fact that he over-charged by that much is still able to be posted as a warning for everyone else so they don't get scammed as well.

white
    2002 z28

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AZRAEL1951
    The owner of the shop is going to be responding very soon, I came on this thread to give my opinion of the situation. It is not for me to prove to anyone anything, thats the owners job. And believe me he will be doing so. I can understand how all of you feel about this based on the info the customer provided. Most people know there are two sides of the story. He infact suceeded in making everyone believe his story, that is all but the good people who know Northstar and have no problems with them. So expect the owners side of the story to be out soon and the results will be played outside of the forum.

look at the bold, looks like a threat that hes getting a ass whooping off the forums. sounds like a threat

white
    2002 z28

The only way this could go lean in his way is if he can prove that he actually won the case and didn't have to give the money back, but the fact that he over-charged by that much is still able to be posted as a warning for everyone else so they don't get scammed as well.[/QUOTE]

not to disagree but the law is really messed up, depending on old cases, jurres, judge, defence, and codes. posting or maybe disgerishing buisness (advertising) can be on corvette shops side. highly unlikly but ...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

well, honestly its normally the customers fault if they dont like the bill because you have to give the ok before most any shop does any work. i've never heard of a shop that gives a huge surprise at the end? the shop didnt call you and let you know what the progress is or give you an estimate before any work was done? I work at a dealer and at dealers no repairs are done without approval for reasons jus like this. Now as far as them overcharging you thats one thing, but them not knowing what they are doing.... did they mess anything up too? you seem to be the uneducated one my friend. but i hope it turns out for the best.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think this thread has went about as far as it'll go. I'll leave it open in case the shop owner wants to contribute to the thread and defend himself but I'll ask all others not involved to please stop posting in the thread.

You know nothing about went on so why even talk chit??? Your probably just hearing what he has to tell you due to the fact you take your ride there, i learned the hard way.

bottom line is 42 hrs were charged and 3 weeks in his shop, tell me whos smoking crack??

Dave brought up Slander to the Judge and was laughed at. Slander is when you give false accusations of a particular business. I gave you pure facts and most of all to warn others about who you take your shop to.

Bottom line is i came out with the Victory, case closed! I won't be replying anymore cause its really not worth it in my eyes.

white
    2002 z28

you didnt tell the outcome of the court case thoe . what did you get or reinbursed?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information