Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ripped off at local Vette Shop

This is a discussion on Ripped off at local Vette Shop within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by JEFF01Z So what was the final result? Did they refund part of the labor? How prepared was ...

Quote Originally Posted by JEFF01Z View Post
    So what was the final result? Did they refund part of the labor? How prepared was the shop when they showed up, or did they even try to fight it?
    Final result is the Owner of this shop should had had a little bit more Courtesy and not to think he can rim a customer. Bottom line is i won the case and he went away pissed iam sure.

Some of us don't have time or the basic shop to do certain mods. For me i run a business myself and i took my Trailblazer SS to a local Vett shop THINKING they would do a nice job. Little did i learn that i was taken advantage of and i learned a life lesson.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 1quik6.0 View Post
    Final result is the Owner of this shop should had had a little bit more Courtesy and not to think he can rim a customer. Bottom line is i won the case and he went away pissed iam sure.

Some of us don't have time or the basic shop to do certain mods. For me i run a business myself and i took my Trailblazer SS to a local Vett shop THINKING they would do a nice job. Little did i learn that i was taken advantage of and i learned a life lesson.
    *** I am going through a similar situation right now with a local GM service place. I plan on doing whatever ness. to get my money back also. I have back issues and cant do my own work either-seems alot of people look at ya like your an idiot cause you pay to get work done-I know different.
    -Glad u won man!!

white
    2002 z28

ccouldnt read really what was the final total cost??

Close to 6k.

white
    2002 z28

you should make add this company as a sposner here pn this site but insteaed of promoteing good service make it soo they are the worst at what they do...??

omg

white
    2002 z28

990$ for a trans temp install????? i would of sold you a install thread/post form this site for $10

Black
    02 SS #8719

Close to 6k.

thats disgusting

white
    2002 z28

i would take them to court saying that the invoice that i signed included a supercharger and when it came time to pick it up they just didnt add it and would like for some money back.

or just get a group of your freinds with pick it signs to stand out front. ( its not illegel) and scar away there business. just a idea

plus go to like 5 other speed shops and get a esimate fot that job and show that to the BBB or courts

white
    2002 z28

did you get charge for the t STAT twice? one on each invoice

green
    94 z28

This is the exact reason I'm just starting a 3 year process at the college to start my own shop. 1 full year for autobody repair and then my associates degree in automotive tech. I hate people that think they can shit everyone else out of something just because there aren't that many shops around that can actually do the work.

FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

Wow, I almost shit myself when I read this. I had paid almost 7k for an LT1 long block, then to get it R&R'd along with getting a new clutch and having that installed. But to get charged almost 6k for the work you had done. Ridiculous. I'm glad you won the case.

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by zggill04 View Post
    Wow, I almost shit myself when I read this. I had paid almost 7k for an LT1 long block, then to get it R&R'd along with getting a new clutch and having that installed. But to get charged almost 6k for the work you had done. Ridiculous. I'm glad you won the case.
    That reminds me of when I first got my car and the dealership didn't mention the oil leak in the engine. A shop charged me about $700 to fix that.

Black
    2001 Z28 M6

At least you took the time to take it to this level. Just think, you are probably not the first person that got the shaft, but probably the first to give it back to them. Regardless of what you got out of it; it is always satisfying to give it back in the form of a little stress and taking their time. I am sure they learned a lesson too.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Wow, and I thought tire/oil change shops ripped off people.

white
    2002 z28

read on post you won the case , soo you won the court case????????

Torch Red
    2000 FRC Corvette

Hey guys i wanted to ask a few questions about what you feel i should have been charged or what you would have charged me for some Mod Installs i recently did.

First of all i have an 06 Trailblazer SS 2wd with the LS2 in it.

So i take my SS to a local Vette shop because he was local to me and overall seemed like he knew what he was doing, but in the end i felt i got ripped off and thought i would see what you would do if u were in my shoes.

Ok SS had these mods installed...

Kooks 1 3/4 Catted Headers
    Stainless Works Catback system
    new LS7 throttle body
    new rammer CAI that i was told about on another site
    GTO efans
    Autometer Trans Temp Gauge- installed interior wise obviously
    Underdrive Pulley

Ok now b4 u toss some #'s at me i furnished all parts above EXCEPT hardware for efans (relays, etc)

Now throw some numbers at me and i will respond. I do realize im in Calif, but again i got rimmed bigtime in my eyes.
    There is MORE to this than 1quick6.0 wants you to know. This is a fact. I took the time to research this whole thing due to the fact I have been dealing with Northstar Corvettes for years and can honestly tell you Dave has always treated me great as well as many many others. The fact that a person comes on here and Corvette forum JUST TO BASH a company w/o giving you the facts iMO is just plain slanderous. You all can believe what you want and it seems that you have which is sad. But unless you took the time to research than you dont the know the whole story. As far as winning! hardly! Just as for proof! Copies of this post as well as the one in Corvette Forum which by the way was deleted by the moderaters have been sent back to Northstar. I can tell you 1quick6.0 has not heard the last of this slander!

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

He won a court case so .... what should we know?
    Sounds like the typical stealership prices to me.
    00 Z28 M6 T-tops
    00 SS A4 T-tops (Sold)
    99 Corvette M6 (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 Coupe (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 T-tops (Sold)

...going to the darkside gspfunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZRAEL1951 View Post
    There is MORE to this than 1quick6.0 wants you to know. This is a fact. I took the time to research this whole thing due to the fact I have been dealing with Northstar Corvettes for years and can honestly tell you Dave has always treated me great as well as many many others. The fact that a person comes on here and Corvette forum JUST TO BASH a company w/o giving you the facts iMO is just plain slanderous. You all can believe what you want and it seems that you have which is sad. But unless you took the time to research than you dont the know the whole story. As far as winning! hardly! Just as for proof! Copies of this post as well as the one in Corvette Forum which by the way was deleted by the moderaters have been sent back to Northstar. I can tell you 1quick6.0 has not heard the last of this slander!
    What else is there to know? And slander?... He's trying to prevent anyone else from getting prison sexed. The bottom line is that a retarded kid could do those mods in less than 42 charged hours of labor. Luckily, here in Dallas, there are several very good shops that are actually reasonable and do incredible work.

EDIT: I could definitely be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that anything justifies that much labor on those mods, which are regularly performed in a day in someone's driveway/garage. If he was standing there knocking the tools out of the mechanic's hand while he was trying to work on it, that would be a little different.

Torch Red
    2000 FRC Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by gspfunk View Post
    What else is there to know? And slander?... He's trying to prevent anyone else from getting prison sexed. The bottom line is that a retarded kid could do those mods in less than 42 charged hours of labor. Luckily, here in Dallas, there are several very good shops that are actually reasonable and do incredible work.

EDIT: I could definitely be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that anything justifies that much labor on those mods, which are regularly performed in a day in someone's driveway/garage. If he was standing there knocking the tools out of the mechanic's hand while he was trying to work on it, that would be a little different.
    The owner of the shop is going to be responding very soon, I came on this thread to give my opinion of the situation. It is not for me to prove to anyone anything, thats the owners job. And believe me he will be doing so. I can understand how all of you feel about this based on the info the customer provided. Most people know there are two sides of the story. He infact suceeded in making everyone believe his story, that is all but the good people who know Northstar and have no problems with them. So expect the owners side of the story to be out soon and the results will be played outside of the forum.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

then let the shop owner come in and say his piece.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information