Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

RevMax torque converter?

This is a discussion on RevMax torque converter? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Same thing. Why dont you go on ebay and see if there any any positives for Bernie. That would make ...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Same thing. Why dont you go on ebay and see if there any any positives for Bernie. That would make it all OK ...right?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyws6 View Post
    sarge,u keep saying you dont have an axe to gind...no agenda here...well i cant tell.josh said he wanted to find out for himself.so let the dude find out!what's it to you?is josh spending your money?just let him find out for himself whether or not he wants to buy from revmax.im not making a commision on this.i dont care if josh buys a circle d,hughes or whatever.you sound like you are in physical pain over this thread and are hell bent on anyone buying anything other than what u approve.so to you my friend....i say merry christmas.to josh,just do your reseach and if you dont feel like revmax is what you want,then whoopee.i myself am having no problems.but im sure someone will find an excuse about that also.maybe sarge is working for precsion industries..why else would someone be so passionate and obsessed with somene elses money?josh,if you decide to take the plunge,im almost sure you will be happy.like i said earlier....all this is hear say unless you have one bolted to your flywheel like i do
    Sarge doesn't have a dog in this fight....that alone should tell you something. He's not doing all this digging and researching on this guy because he has it in for this guy. He does this because he cares about the hobby and the guys who share the hobby with him. If you can read all that info and still say Revmax stalls are a legit performance part then you have blinders on. They're a cheaply constructed stall for a cheap price. It's not a cut against you....it's just an apples to apples comparison of that stall vs a quality proven stall from a proven manufacturer.

black n red
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

this thread is useful.......my 4200 Atlantic Coast Converters stall took a dump on me and took my Trans out with it......ive been wondering about these revmax converters......thinking about goin with a 3600 revmax converter for the time being

*edit*
    just read the last few pages....idk now
    Last edited by Jheath5193; 12-25-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Jheath5193 View Post
    this thread is useful.......my 4200 Atlantic Coast Converters stall took a dump on me and took my Trans out with it......ive been wondering about these revmax converters......thinking about goin with a 3600 revmax converter for the time being

*edit*
    just read the last few pages....idk now
    you and me both. Sarge has a way with words lol

I was hell bent on buying a revmax, however, after seeing some facts sarge brought up AND a few of the customers i confronted asking how their expierence was with revmax im kinda not liking what i hear.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You have chosen wisely my son.

white
    2000 trans am

I have a 3600 RevMax converter that so far works great. I upgraded the clutches and was told it would handle 550 torque. $324.00 shipped to my door. So far Im happy with it. Damn shame about Frank. Who ever that is. The man I spoke with is a man named Tom, I believe. Probably just a sales person like most places when you call to make a purchase.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by squirlnutz View Post
    I have a 3600 RevMax converter that so far works great. I upgraded the clutches and was told it would handle 550 torque. $324.00 shipped to my door. So far Im happy with it. Damn shame about Frank. Who ever that is. The man I spoke with is a man named Tom, I believe. Probably just a sales person like most places when you call to make a purchase.

Red
    98 Trans Am

I guess we can summarize this about revmax... their products work thus far but their business is built on the ruins of fail buisness before from the same shady character, that being said this puts alot of questioning into the actul quality of the converters from this shady character. I guess only time will tell.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Let me take a shot at the summary about RevMax.
    Cheap rebuilt crap from a scam artist=RevMax.

white/Viper blue
    01 WS6

I need the last 24 mins of my life back from reading this.

Red
    98 Trans Am

its quite a long and winding road.

For OFFICIAL answers as of now, ive installed it, measured both pad to bellhousing and then pads to flexplate, all within specs for proper isntallation. have exactly 3/16th in for pad to flexplate.
    Cars running great with a tune, tranny cooler, and multiple pulls on the autobahn. Still gott test it out on dyno and 1/4 mile to see what the time will be. Not sure ill get an acurate 1/4mile though. unless i find a better track.

locks and unlocks where and when it should. i have the billet cover with antiballoon plate and upgraded clutch. eventually im gonna beat the living CRAP out of it with a remounted turbo setup. Already got a T70 .84 AR turbo waiting to go on. getting a few other items to get it started.

2002 Black WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BURNEM View Post
    I need the last 24 mins of my life back from reading this.
    Hahaha Every page was like the exact same as the one before it. Not trying to be a dick, just an observation

Red
    98 Trans Am

lol yeah this one got off topic pretty hardcore. but to anwser the OPs original post.....

Quote Originally Posted by tg580 View Post
    Anyone ever heard of or used RevMax torque converters? They are advertising on EBAY. Are they any good?
    yes ive heard of them, yes im using one, yes it works well, yes its cheaper then yanks and vig, and yes there might be BETTER built ones out there for higher power applications but for 400-800hp ranged cars these are pretty hard to beat for the price unless you get a used one.

Theres no need for beating a really really really dead horse. There are possibly better quality products out there, but if you are looking for a compromise, these converters are not bad.

What i keep seeing is people keep commenting on OTHER converters failing them thet were cheap including well known companys like TCI. People have even had yanks or precisions fail on them, but thats under extrodinary cercumstances like 1000hp or redonkulous amounts of torque that the TC wasnt designed for.
    Like tires, you use somthing out side of its range, your gonna break somthing.

Im using this converter on my car RIGHT NOW. its on there installed and everything. all within specs and running with a cooler and and trans guage to monitor it. so far the highest ive seen (scan data) is 170 degrees after a long autobahn haul of 120mph (about and hour) I have the billet covered one which ODDLY enough looks almost EXACTLY like a Vigalante converter.
    ANyway, im gonna test the durability of this one with more driving and beatings with a rear turbo system and a Rign run.

I will repeat myself. I am actually using this TC and not speculating or "regurgitating" words from others speculations. If this TC breaks, I will be the first to cut it open and show its guts to see what happen and tell all of you the gory and intriging details. But for now, its running fine as is the car.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    lol yeah this one got off topic pretty hardcore. but to anwser the OPs original post.....

yes ive heard of them, yes im using one, yes it works well, yes its cheaper then yanks and vig, and yes there might be BETTER built ones out there for higher power applications but for 400-800hp ranged cars these are pretty hard to beat for the price unless you get a used one.

Theres no need for beating a really really really dead horse. There are possibly better quality products out there, but if you are looking for a compromise, these converters are not bad.

What i keep seeing is people keep commenting on OTHER converters failing them thet were cheap including well known companys like TCI. People have even had yanks or precisions fail on them, but thats under extrodinary cercumstances like 1000hp or redonkulous amounts of torque that the TC wasnt designed for.
    Like tires, you use somthing out side of its range, your gonna break somthing.

Im using this converter on my car RIGHT NOW. its on there installed and everything. all within specs and running with a cooler and and trans guage to monitor it. so far the highest ive seen (scan data) is 170 degrees after a long autobahn haul of 120mph (about and hour) I have the billet covered one which ODDLY enough looks almost EXACTLY like a Vigalante converter.
    ANyway, im gonna test the durability of this one with more driving and beatings with a rear turbo system and a Rign run.

I will repeat myself. I am actually using this TC and not speculating or "regurgitating" words from others speculations. If this TC breaks, I will be the first to cut it open and show its guts to see what happen and tell all of you the gory and intriging details. But for now, its running fine as is the car.
    Not to beat a dead horse... A lot of people use these converters and sometimes they work well however these converters start out life as a smal 4cylinder converter from a cavalier that are then modified inside to get a higher stall speed. The problem with this is that the lockup clutch inside this converter is very small compared to a well built converter and when it goes out it will take the tranny with it. Not only that but a converter like revmax is just "modified" it WILL NOT be as efficient in producing good trap speeds and shift extensions than a converter sized and built from the inside out for a specific application. This has been proven time and time again at the track over on tech a yank or the like will typically gain a mph or two where as the revmax or a cheap converter will lose 1 mph. This is because the blade design inside is so far angled to get the desired stall speed that its sacrifices the efficiency of the converter up top.

Here is a cutaway of a vig converter and a converter like revmax see the difference in the lockup surface area? Converter 101 sure the converter is a great budget option but is it worth the 300 you save from buying a billet converter? I dont think so because a new tranny is gonna cost a lot more than that when the clutch lets go. If you want a cheaper converter circle d yank and ptc all have converters priced in the 400-500 range that are non billet but are engineered to give you the performance and reliable clutch surface lockup you need in an ls based car.

Red
    98 Trans Am

As said before, i am using it. Its working. Its broke in and hasnt had any problems. MINE has a billet front cover. MINE has the upgraded clutch. MINE has the anti ballon plate built into. I got mine for a discount since im military, but I told them what im gonna do with my car and told them what stall i wanted. Its hard to argue with an item thats working. AND the thing is, everybody that has used these converters have had POSITIVE experience.

I agree with sarges position that the buisness was shady in the beginnings. If someone picked up the ashes and ran with it then they are doing a great job. My personal experience with them is positive every step of the way.
    Once i get a better tune done on my car ill try another run on a 1/4 mile to see what it can really do. Ive stepped on it several time on the autobahn and it picks up and goes.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information