Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

RevMax torque converter?

This is a discussion on RevMax torque converter? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; well some ppl don't just listen or face the facts. I don't have anything against your desicion but remember you ...

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

well some ppl don't just listen or face the facts. I don't have anything against your desicion but remember you get what you pay for. I learn this leason a long time ago. Sometimes it seems like its a good deal but in realty it's not.

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

sarge,u keep saying you dont have an axe to gind...no agenda here...well i cant tell.josh said he wanted to find out for himself.so let the dude find out!what's it to you?is josh spending your money?just let him find out for himself whether or not he wants to buy from revmax.im not making a commision on this.i dont care if josh buys a circle d,hughes or whatever.you sound like you are in physical pain over this thread and are hell bent on anyone buying anything other than what u approve.so to you my friend....i say merry christmas.to josh,just do your reseach and if you dont feel like revmax is what you want,then whoopee.i myself am having no problems.but im sure someone will find an excuse about that also.maybe sarge is working for precsion industries..why else would someone be so passionate and obsessed with somene elses money?josh,if you decide to take the plunge,im almost sure you will be happy.like i said earlier....all this is hear say unless you have one bolted to your flywheel like i do

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Ugh...the owner of RevMax is a known documented crook.....
    Look back on my post over the past years.....look up WeaponX....look up the Mobi1 bullshit...tell me I am not looking out for the working guy and challenging scam artist and I'll kiss your ass on Times Square New Years Eve.
    If I am wrong about Frank and the Attorney General and everybody else is dead ass wrong about the owner of RevMax by all means lets see it.
    You seemed pissed he turned out to be a known con artist.
    Is it my fault he is a scam artist?
    Do you deny his track record?

Hearsay? Are you high? And I wonder who was stupid enough to elect Obama.
    I give you documented facts. Go to BBB. Go to the consumer complaint forums. Oh I provided those for you.
    Oh I see...that is hearsay......

No...the question is....what is your motivation in light of overwhelming facts provided on the owner of the very company you solicit everybody just forget about/forgive and send in their money.

Where is his address?
    Lets go see this "high tech multi million dollar operation".....everything else has been bullshit.

You want to bolt a Cavalier TC on your ride go right ahead. Buy from a known con artist go right ahead.

Aint no sweat off my ass.
    Last edited by Sarge; 12-24-2010 at 11:09 AM.

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

maybe he sucks as a business man,but revmax's torque convertors rock.im sorry your research doesnt agreee with my real life experience,but like i said i dont want anyone to get a bad deal either,so just let josh do his research and if he wants one,great.if no...im sure he will contact you to see which part you can approve for him.

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Aint no sweat off my ass.
    i cant tell.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyws6 View Post
    maybe he sucks as a business man,but revmax's torque convertors rock.im sorry your research doesnt agreee with my real life experience,but like i said i dont want anyone to get a bad deal either,so just let josh do his research and if he wants one,great.if no...im sure he will contact you to see which part you can approve for him.
    Are you Frank? You have to be. No normal person can deny and ignore all the absolute irrefutable history here and then turn around and say "well my converter works for me".....

Let me get this straight. You are advocating people send this guy their hard earned money....regardless of his documented scam artist history....because you got a $150 converter from him that works. Is this correct?

Red
    98 Trans Am

Alright, i got a couple replys back form some ebay customers. One hasnt installed it yet the other had this to say...

Hello, his torque converter is holding up so far it is behind a 500hp blower motor (SBC 350) I dont have very many miles on it though as it is a 30 coupe . only goes out on the weekends in the summer and it has to be nice weather. The only issue I had with the the guy was that I used ebays "make an offer" and he accepted it about $40 less than his buy it now price but when I phoned him to give him the specs of my engine and car weight he will talk you into purchasing a so called updated fiber clutch lock ? I dont know if I really needed this but I purchased it anyway...

for privacy purposes i didnt put any names or links, but anyone can contact these preivious customers and ask them yourself. ill post more as i get more.
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 12-24-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Red
    2001 ws6

Are you Frank? You have to be. No normal person can deny and ignore all the absolute irrefutable history here and then turn around and say "well my converter works for me".....

Let me get this straight. You are advocating people send this guy their hard earned money....regardless of his documented scam artist history....because you got a $150 converter from him that works. Is this correct?
    has to be.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

In the middle of this pic is a stock "Cavalier" torque converter clutch

Here's RevMax's "Upgraded" clutch

Looks like the same stockish clutch. Might and does work great for a daily driver on a full size torque converter on a stockish car. Shrink that converter down to 9.5 inches and increase the output of the engine, and all of a sudden that clutch is undersized. Might last like 30,000 to 40,000 miles...which might be just fine for alot of people.

Here's a BIG name high performance torque converter maker's clutch.

When you build a high performance torque converter, you really beef things up. You don't just build/rebuild a small diameter torque converter, bend a few stator fins, TIG weld it together(instead of the preferred furnace brazing), and then tack weld an adapter ring to it.
    You might be able to consider RevMax a performance torque converter company (with numberous red flags) but you can't consider it a high end, high performance torque converter company.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup.
    Why wouldn't a guy just have a local trannie shop build them a grocery getter stall for less anyway?
    Screw Frank and RevMax. It is all they are doing.
    Well that and owing tons of people lots of money....changing company names and filing bankruptcy and screwing lots of Hot Rodders out of their hard earned money.
    Then to have fellow Hot Rodders advocating doing business with this slimeball is just sickening.

Good post Cutlass.....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    Alright, i got a couple replys back form some ebay customers. One hasnt installed it yet the other had this to say...

Hello, his torque converter is holding up so far it is behind a 500hp blower motor (SBC 350) I dont have very many miles on it though as it is a 30 coupe . only goes out on the weekends in the summer and it has to be nice weather. The only issue I had with the the guy was that I used ebays "make an offer" and he accepted it about $40 less than his buy it now price but when I phoned him to give him the specs of my engine and car weight he will talk you into purchasing a so called updated fiber clutch lock ? I dont know if I really needed this but I purchased it anyway...

for privacy purposes i didnt put any names or links, but anyone can contact these preivious customers and ask them yourself. ill post more as i get more.
    Josh...why is it everybody gets it but you son?
    Yes RevMax stalls are cheaply rebuilt converters and of course they will work. Well...to a point and maybe for awhile.
    Dont you see in your own post the scam? Frank will "talk you into" an upgrade to his "fiber clutch lock"...

The point is this guy has ripped off your fellow hobbyist. Blatantly and in your face scam artist.

Having been in this hobby now for over 45 years I can tell you I support only reputable businessmen and not con artist. Does WeaponX spark plugs work? Of course the "work"...are they worth $12 bucks each? Hell no.
    We beat that sum bitch to death here in ls1.com when he came here trying to sell his BS "more RWHP" and all that crap. He ran away. Then of course that thread went viral and he got called out on his Mustang Forums and got banned there....why do I share this with you? Easy. Hot Rodders stick together and when a slick willy low life like RevMax rips off hundreds of our fellow Hot Rodders we will not do business with him. Period.

Red
    98 Trans Am

I do get it. And getting ripped off is the last thing i want myself or other fellow hobbist to have happen to. Obiously revmax and its associates have left a bad taste in alot of people mouth. I believe you when you say that Frank is a crook and needs to find his way in jail.
    A look at the difference in build quality definatly shows the better craftmenship and why you pay more for the better matirals.
    I got what i wanted and what the op's original question was. if anyone remembered it by now lol
    Sarge and a few others have most decided shown the difference's between the high end TC's and revmaxs. as well as some other bits of info

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

The OP asked if anybody had heard of them. We answered with a vengeance didn't we!
    The only way crooks like RevMax stays in business is people ignoring the scam/history of ripoffs and taking the "cheap ass" bait they throw out there. They stay in business to rip off more people and you guys make it possible for Frank and scum like him.
    Congratulations on the cheap ass $150 converter Josh!

Red
    98 Trans Am

i never said i bought anything thing yet
    ANd yes, without a doubt you have anwsered all the questions lol Looks like ill be still scouring ebay for good deals lol

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Ebay for performance parts is like looking for the love of your life in a bar.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    i never said i bought anything thing yet
    ANd yes, without a doubt you have anwsered all the questions lol Looks like ill be still scouring ebay for good deals lol
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83
    WEll im gonna take the dive. I went against main steam once with headers and it worked out great
    Gee I don't know where I could have gotten that from?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Lets not beat a dead horse.
    RevMax is just selling cheap rebuilt stock converters worth about $150 bucks from any trannie shop.
    RevMax is just another front for a known scam artist.

I challenge anybody to show me/us where the above is inaccurate in any way.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Gee I don't know where I could have gotten that from?
    Yes that was me. No i havnt purchased anything yet. As for Ebay, if you pay attention and look carfully, you find some really good items for really cheap. and im not just talking about the cheap chinese crap thats always sold on there. Im talking about things like getting a 97 Z28s rearend for an 87 TA with disc brakes and 3.42 gears for a $1 . I also got all my UMI stuff from Ebay as well as my OBX LTHs (which by the way are AH mazing)
    but on a high note Merry Christmas guys lol
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 12-25-2010 at 08:42 AM.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Merry Christmas to all!

Red
    98 Trans Am

Bernie Madoff has some really nice investments he wants to sell you then.
    lol it took me a minute to remember who this guy was. Frank aint that good or smart seeing how he cant even keep a buisness afloat for very long. LOL Bernie actually made some money off his scheme lol of course now hes facing 150 years in prison now.. oops. $65 billion in 20plus years in swindling peeps out of their money. Holy crap thats alot of fraud

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information