Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60

Responsive

This is a discussion on Responsive within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; hey what is there to make our cars more responsive to the gas pedal..i got a 98 trans am but ...

  1. #1
    T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    163

    Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

    Responsive

    hey what is there to make our cars more responsive to the gas pedal..i got a 98 trans am but it feels slow..i think im used to the power..just put on true duals and lt headers but want to go faster haha

  2. #2
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Mine feels slow too.
    You just get used to it.



    Time for an LS6 intake.

  3. #3
    Junior Member xssesive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Noble, OK
    Posts
    13

    red
    98 Trans Am+00 Camaro SS

    My wifes 98 Trans Am has a 3.23 gear and I can tell you it will really set you in the seat! Much quicker off the line than my 2000 Camaro SS was with a 2.73 gear, and the SS had a dyno tune!

  4. #4
    Member Numba1TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Missouri, STL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    142

    Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

    Get the MSD Blaster Coil Pack the double spark will give you a nice start and then some MSD wires, if its an A4 id go with 3.73's

  5. #5
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Quote Originally Posted by Numba1TA View Post
    Get the MSD Blaster Coil Pack the double spark will give you a nice start and then some MSD wires, if its an A4 id go with 3.73's
    MSD wires only.. the coilpacks have been known to have issues.. stock are fine till over 500hp.. then its time to go truck packs. MSD is a waste of 900 bucks IMO

    Ported TB, 373 gears, ls6 intake. That should have you a bit happier OP>

  6. #6
    T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    163

    Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

    yea it is an a4 and i already have msd wires..changed em out when i put in new spark plugs...oh yea and my car has 175,xxx on it..but i bought it bone stock and barely put a new exhaust on a month or two ago

  7. #7
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by wanna_lS1 View Post
    yea it is an a4 and i already have msd wires..changed em out when i put in new spark plugs...oh yea and my car has 175,xxx on it..but i bought it bone stock and barely put a new exhaust on a month or two ago
    Did you get a tune after the LTs and true duals?

  8. #8
    Junior Member xssesive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Noble, OK
    Posts
    13

    red
    98 Trans Am+00 Camaro SS

    I am telling you a 3.23 gear works! My wifes 98 has 168K on it and is quick in its own right. With no tune and stock except for a SLP lid and filter. In my opinion a 3.73 gear would be too much(we cruise a lot on the turnpike). My SS was kind of soft on the bottom also with a 2.73 gear, had to hammer it to get it to go!

  9. #9
    T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    163

    Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

    no i didnt get a tune yet..still waiting to get a tune after im done with school..frost is going to tune it =) so im looking forward to that..and 3.23's would be better than the 3.73's? its my dd i drive it a lot so i need something thats not gona be just for track
    99% street 1% track

  10. #10
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Mine feels slow too.
    You just get used to it.



    Time for an LS6 intake.
    im the same way. mine feels SLOWWW and the only way i know there aint somethin wrong with it is when i race people..

    it suprises me sometimes tho.
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

    *SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oak lawn, il
    Posts
    72

    Black
    02 T/A WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    im the same way. mine feels SLOWWW and the only way i know there aint somethin wrong with it is when i race people..

    it suprises me sometimes tho.
    420rwhp 390rwtq

    lol....how cant you feel 420 ponies? haha

  12. #12
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Th3unwant3d1 View Post
    420rwhp 390rwtq

    lol....how cant you feel 420 ponies? haha
    you can feel it, but when i first got the car i was like MAN what a rush but now im so used to it i dont get much of a rush anymore and it makes me want more power!

    so now that im not so suprised by the power it feels slow so to speak

  13. #13
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by wanna_lS1 View Post
    no i didnt get a tune yet..still waiting to get a tune after im done with school..frost is going to tune it =) so im looking forward to that..and 3.23's would be better than the 3.73's? its my dd i drive it a lot so i need something thats not gona be just for track
    99% street 1% track
    Just an idea if Dr.Crash can copy my tune you then yours is basically free- minus my air/egr is gone and I have an ls-6 manifold. Also if he is cool w/ that.\
    With those miles hough I see a new tranny, motor and rearend in your near future

  14. #14
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Just an idea if Dr.Crash can copy my tune you then yours is basically free- minus my air/egr is gone and I have an ls-6 manifold. Also if he is cool w/ that.\
    With those miles hough I see a new tranny, motor and rearend in your near future
    uh-oh... gonna be by the money gods haha

  15. #15
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    uh-oh... gonna be by the money gods haha
    he may have a freak but I know for sure that tranny . Where did gm go wrong again

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Age
    30
    Posts
    79

    Black
    99 WS6

    thought the ss a4 came with 3.23?

  17. #17
    Member 1998 T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Huron Ohio
    Posts
    759

    Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

    Drive mom or dads car around for a few days then your T/A will feel like a monster...I remember when I first got mine, after the test drive all I had to say was DAMN!!

  18. #18
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    Drive mom or dads car around for a few days then your T/A will feel like a monster...I remember when I first got mine, after the test drive all I had to say was DAMN!!
    yea thats true.. i drove my truck for a week when i sent my wheels off to get redone and when i got my car back i was like haha

  19. #19
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    I have an 1998 TA A4 a4 that came with the 3.23's. I now have 3.73 and the car is fin on the highway. I was driving 30 miles work and 30 home all highway. car feels like it has alot more power than it does. I have full bolt ons but the gears best bang 4 the buck. Cost me $600 for the gears, install kit that replaces alot of worn parts, Performance cover( so I can mount the support bars, diff fluid, GM additive, and prof. install. Also the axle is quieter and feels better.

  20. #20
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,511

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    How do I know what gears I have, I have a 98 also, and my door tags are still readable...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How responsive are ls1's to mods?
    By Ryanater in forum General Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 08:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •