black
    2000 WS.6

resistor for IAT sensor...

Does this resistor actually work? it says it is DYNO proven to add 18 horse, plus it is extremely cheap so i was thinking, ,"what the hell, i'll try it out"....but is it worth it, does it screw anything else up as far as the computer and other sensors go? thanks!

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

no not even worth it

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Very dangerous...yes it works....Go to radio shack and get the same thing for like $0.75 cents....it tricks your IAT into telling the PCM the air is like 57degrees all the time...problem is...if it is warm....and the engine is adjusted for 57 degrees....you can run lean and fry your motor and that sucks....

black
    2000 WS.6

yeah that seems kind of shady....you think it is worth putting in specifically just for the track then just take it back out so i am not risking any damage....i know it will hardly make any difference but it is exrtremely easy to put in...

redls1bird
    it wont make your engine run lean. if your ecm thinks that the air is 57 degrees rather than its actual 100 degree usual, its going to add a little bit more pulsewidth to your injectors making it rich. the problem begins when the ecu starts rapidly advancing your spark timing and eventually causes some serious detonation. i tried it just to see what it would do, and i noticed absolutely no difference. this was late spring in the south, so if i was gonna see a difference, this was the time of year it would happen. if your still interested though, i think that its a 220 ohm resistor, dont quote me on that though.

black
    2000 WS.6

thanks for the input guys, i'll just skip that and save up for the modifications that actually help

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Yeah that $$$ is better spent on the "Turbonator"

black
    2000 WS.6

lol. hell yeah, supercharge my car for $70...there is no way i am going to pass that up!

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

How bout the blade that goes in your tailpipe to scavenge exhaust fumes out faster....get that badboy

BLACK
    2000 RAM-AIR WS6 TA

I did the ITS resistor mod, but mainly to prevent the engine from running rough when I'm stopped at a light during hot summer weather. If you have done FREE RAM AIR mod, like I have, the inlet air temperature really climbs due to the heat rising from the pavement. The resistor mod stops that from happening. Of course the timing advance from the 57 degree "reading" put forth by the 4.7k ohm 1/2 watt resistor gets cranked back if the quality of fuel puts you in "ping-ville". Bottom line is car doesn't go ape at a traffic light, runs about the same daily driving, and steps up a bit at the track if you treat it to some race fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by zach_ws6
    Does this resistor actually work? it says it is DYNO proven to add 18 horse, plus it is extremely cheap so i was thinking, ,"what the hell, i'll try it out"....but is it worth it, does it screw anything else up as far as the computer and other sensors go? thanks!
    i can sell you the super turbo version of this for 49.95 with a full two year replacement warranty.my version makes your wallet lighter and that sir will make you faster!

Thread Information