Results 1 to 11 of 11

Removing evap crap

This is a discussion on Removing evap crap within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Is there a way to remove all this evap without fucking up my car? I had to loosen the schrader ...

  1. #1
    I flame retards CamaroFan71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    1,068

    QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

    Removing evap crap

    Is there a way to remove all this evap without fucking up my car? I had to loosen the schrader valve under that green cap on the evap/fuel line to get gas into my car again today.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Orcus79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,346

    black
    2002 WS6

    The short answer is no. The long answer might be to find out why the tank is holding pressure. Chances are the solinoid is stuck.

  3. #3
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Replace that solenoid/cap.. something is causing excess pressure in the tank.

  4. #4
    I flame retards CamaroFan71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    1,068

    QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    The short answer is no. The long answer might be to find out why the tank is holding pressure. Chances are the solinoid is stuck.
    Where is the solenoid at to replace??


    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Replace that solenoid/cap.. something is causing excess pressure in the tank.
    How do I go about replacing those? Is it as simple as replacing that cap??

  5. #5
    Senior Member Orcus79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,346

    black
    2002 WS6

    The cap would be a start and is pretty simple to replace, The hardest part is getting the old one off.

    The solinoid is located on the driverside of the intake. Pretty easy to replace by the looks of it. remove a couple of hoses and she comes right out.

    Quick question, when you fill the car do you fill it to the very top or stop when the nozzle clicks off? After you put in the right amount fuel that is.

  6. #6
    I flame retards CamaroFan71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    1,068

    QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    The cap would be a start and is pretty simple to replace, The hardest part is getting the old one off.

    The solinoid is located on the driverside of the intake. Pretty easy to replace by the looks of it. remove a couple of hoses and she comes right out.

    Quick question, when you fill the car do you fill it to the very top or stop when the nozzle clicks off? After you put in the right amount fuel that is.
    I usually dont overfil, but try to round up to an even number. It normally does it when I run it under a quarter of a tank. I took the gas cap off and saw the fuel ready to spill out. Loosened the schrader under the green cap and while it was hissing I went back and looked into the fill nozzle, and saw the gas go down. Went around the corner (literally) to the station and had to do it again. I'll replace what I need to instead of gutting the system, if i just knew how.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Orcus79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,346

    black
    2002 WS6

    Take a look under the hood, It can't be that hard to do. There will be a line coming off the drivers side of the intake, follow that back along to the solenoid located on the intake, there will be two more lines meeting there one for the tank and one for purge canister.

    You may need a special too to disconnect the lines. You can get those at any parts store.

  8. #8
    I flame retards CamaroFan71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    1,068

    QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    Take a look under the hood, It can't be that hard to do. There will be a line coming off the drivers side of the intake, follow that back along to the solenoid located on the intake, there will be two more lines meeting there one for the tank and one for purge canister.

    You may need a special too to disconnect the lines. You can get those at any parts store.
    Thanks for the heads up. Do I need to replace the whole line if the green cap/schrader is bad also?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Orcus79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,346

    black
    2002 WS6

    Nope. I doubt that would be bad. With out proper diagnosis I don't have much idea. but knowing GM you would have to get the whole piece for the schrader valve.

  10. #10
    I flame retards CamaroFan71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    1,068

    QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    Nope. I doubt that would be bad. With out proper diagnosis I don't have much idea. but knowing GM you would have to get the whole piece for the schrader valve.
    I found the evap purge solenoid at autozone for $38. Guess I'll order one and replace it this weekend and see what happens.

  11. #11
    Member raysz28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    180

    Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

    Tool needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    You may need a special too to disconnect the lines. You can get those at any parts store.
    Does this really need a special tool to remove the hoses? im replacing the Canister purge solenoid, and i think i messed up the connector because i didnt know it needed a special tool. do you have a part number or picture of the tool?

    Thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Evap purge solenoid!
    By MasonWS6 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2015, 08:32 AM
  2. EVAP Code
    By SMWS6TA in forum General Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 09:21 AM
  3. Evap Code
    By bigrondownhiller in forum General Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 04:33 PM
  4. location of evap canister??
    By Mr.Lee in forum External Engine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 12:06 AM
  5. evap solenoid
    By 06goat60 in forum GTO
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 10:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •