SOM
    2002 SS

Rear? Slides easier when turning right ??

When I'm taking a turn and I push the tail out it takes very very little throttle to slide when turning right and I can slide it for a nice few seconds to be dramatic. WHen turning left however it requires a lot more throttle and when it spins I can hear it and the tail doesn;t slide out. Is it my rear end starting to die? I did a burnout a few times when I bought the car and it leaves 2 stripes. Haven't done it recently with the new tires to help preserve the 18s but I probably should just to check since I'm burning rubber powersliding everywhere I go.

I did do a rear adjustable panhard install a few thousand k ago and centered it by eye only. COuld this be why? I also had an issue when hammering to get one siezed end out that misaligned the passenger side bracket for the panhard bar. Here;s a pic..

Zweeet
    Wonder what would happen if you tried those same corners with a passenger who weighs about the same as you. If the extra weight on the right side evens out the car then I'd be thinking suspension maybe too loose.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Could be a weak diff....

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I am going with slightly worn discs in rear end, mine does same thing plus, most of the torqe goes to the right side anyway, ever had a non posi car, the right side almost allways spinns. How many miles are on it? It may be time to freshen that rear up or upgrade it.

White
    1994 Pontiac T/A

Might have a little midget poring oil on your tire lol kidding even with pos-rear end right side is going to pull alittle harder. Also weight displacement could have a thing or two to do with your problem.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_94_T/A View Post
    Might have a little midget poring oil on your tire lol kidding even with pos-rear end right side is going to pull alittle harder. Also weight displacement could have a thing or two to do with your problem.
    T_S|S?

SOM
    2002 SS

Thanks guys. Didnt do this when I bought the car but then again it was lady driven daily/all year for 128k miles. SInce I got it...

Feels like clutch is slipping sort of but I know its not. Kind of snakey at wot and sometimes feel it at the top of the gear (in first).

How expensive is it to rebuild a stocker? I know I'm going to hear about upgrading but I wont do it. My bro had a 97 ss new with the torsen rear ( was an slp option i believe standard on z28 and ss 98+? ) and we have hundreds of timeslips on the stock rear end and it never broke. I don't launch hard nor do I powershift so I think stock power should be fine with a rebuilt unit.

any links to parts ie. clutch packs etc? I thought the torsen was a gear mechanical limited slip unit?

fill me in

SOM
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_94_T/A View Post
    I do live in a new construction area.. they just paved the road too perhaps I ran something over I shouldnt have. maybe a nice burnout is in order...

White
    1994 Pontiac T/A

I rebuilt my 4l60E get the zpack 3-4 clutches and steels from borg warner. always upgrade to the beast sun shell it does require you to grind the weld on it but is well worth is but for clutches stick with borg warner or raybestos clutch packs and also would be smart to change the check capsual the tend to stick and burn out your 3-4 clutches. And i think one of the best things i did was switch over to pinless pistons. But things you need to replace even if you are not building it up to stage III or II replace your seperator plate and body springs also the compessor springs for you clutch packs. Transgo has a complete kit to do this. Best thing you can do to give your car a solid 1-2 and 2-3 shift. My Stage III is a neck snapper. There are also little things to do to change how hard it shifts.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

If you haven't already thought about it check your tire pressure. Check the simple things first.

SOM
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    If you haven't already thought about it check your tire pressure. Check the simple things first.
    Im usually on top of it but the last few weeks i haven't checked them. temps have dropped 15 degrees or so too in the last few weeks so it is pretty cool.

Adam sorry if i confused you and others ,i have an m6 i was referring to any clutch packs etc if the rear diff has any

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Check tire psi and the rear brakes, one set of brakes could be binding causing torque to go more to one rear tire than the other. Check diff fluid and make sure it is gold/clear and not dark/muddy.

White
    1994 Pontiac T/A

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    T_S|S?
    lol im a noob what is T_S|S? lol

Thread Information