rattling noise coming from exhaust

This is a discussion on rattling noise coming from exhaust within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; got a 02 z28 and there is a rattling noise coming from the exhaust at low speeds. took it to ...

mb_08_08

rattling noise coming from exhaust

got a 02 z28 and there is a rattling noise coming from the exhaust at low speeds. took it to get fixed twice but the noise came back after a day. it makes the noise when i tap the gas after i start it up and continues at idle. it is getting very anoying. any help on how to get rid of this sound

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

I had a similar problem a month ago and it turned out to be a cat. converter. Before it got bad, i had it at the dealer twice before they recognized the problem. If that's it; it's under warranty till 80000 miles. Hope you get it figured out!

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

When you say you went to get it fixed twice what was done? Could be a deflector in the muffler broken, convertor internals rattling or a heat shield. You need to get under it with it running and listen for it under the same conditions. This may be better done at a shop on a lift, have a temperature check done on the convertor to see if it's failing if no other problems show up.

Pewter
    2000 Formula WS6

Sounds like the same prob I had, Just had it fixed the other day, I have a aftermarket catback I'm not sure if you have one or not. But the prob was one of the exhaust bolts/clamp was loose. it was the clamp that connect at the cat, (If that doesn't do it, If you have access to a lift just bang around on the exhaust with you hand, that's a pretty sure way to find it. That's how we found mine.

Thread Information