1965 GTO

Random Misfire P0300 Help Needed

I have an LS1 from a 2000 vette in my Jeep. While out wheeling the other day, it started running really rough and the MIL was blinking. Got it back
    to the lodge and wished i had my scanner. Waited a bit, and it started right up and everything worked fine. Went wheeling the next day without any issues.
    Had it happen once more on that trip and when we got back ordered and installed a new set of stark plug wires. Just had the same issue tonight. Got it
    home, left it running bad and ran for the scanner. Just got the scanner running and it started running just fine. Read a bit on this error code and think it
    might be the O2 sensors. I don't have cats, so only the front sensors just below the headers. At this point was thinking I would replace the O2 sensors based
    on what I was reading about the random P0300 codes here. I can also do the plugs as that is fairly straight forward. Thinking sensor or electric because it
    "comes and go's" so is very inconsistent.

Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

How many miles on the O2 sensors? Check your plugs and wires and make sure they are all in good shape and properly connected, then go from there.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

1965 GTO

I really don't know how many miles, I picked up the engine from another guy that had it in his Jeep and wrecked it. Since doing the conversion, I have put about 12k on it, and was told it had about 35k when I got it. I did just replaced the plug wires, think I will do the plugs and O2 sensors just in case. Where we go with the Jeep, I really need it to be dependable as it can be a very long walk back if something goes wrong. Thanks.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Has the engine been tuned to have the second O2s, or lack thereof, deactivated?

1965 GTO

Yes, i purchased the engine with the computer, harness and program already running. But also had a local tuner help me out here. Also, this problem has just recently started, I have about 12k on the engine since installing it. Bought some plugs and 2 O2 sensors the other day, hope to install them today and see if that resolves this issue. But since it was very intermittent, will be hard to call it "good".

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

OK. Keep us posted.

Thread Information