Pewter
    '00 SS

Racing with a stall

What are the tricks to racing with a stall? I have a 3200 in my car and if i try and hold the brake, I spin like crazy around 2500. I am getting wider tires at the beginning of the year so that may help but are there Any suggestions or tricks?
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Pewter
    '00 SS

And i mean street racing for now. No tracks in hawaii

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

You need some drag radials most likely. I brake mine to around 3000 RPMS and ease into the throttle.

Just keep trying to see what works and keeps the spinning down.

Some people just punch it from idle, but I would just light my tires up doing that, so it depends on your setup.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you won't be able to brake stall it up to 3200 if that's what you're trying to do. Stalls vary as to how far you can stall them before you start to break loose. What tires do you currently have? You can also just flash it which is go from idle to WOT. It would help a lot if you had a track so you can see which works best for you. On the street with street tires you may have to just ease into it kinda like slipping a clutch. On the street with Nitto's my car's first gear is pretty much useless. I've tried flashing mine and brake stalling mine at the track and it makes no difference with my car. I can only brake stall my 3500 up to about 2200-2300 rpm before it starts trying to push through the brakes.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I also run a 3,200 stall and can foot brake it to just over 2,500 at the line before it pushes through the brakes. I try to keep it right at 2,500 on my launch and have had great results, but I am also running Hoosier QTP's on the back. You'll just have to finesse it with street tires and see what works best for you.

Pewter
    '00 SS

I have street tires 275's all around on those ss wheels. Geting new wheels after the first of the year. Probably 10.5's out back. What type of tires is still in the air. So what i have been trying is good, just need to find the sweet spot right?

To add to your statement, orion, yes i was asking if i could push it to 3200. Now i know. What is the reason we cant push it all the way?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Because that is the flash speed of the stall not brake.

Thread Information