Torch Red/Mod, Red/Grey
    01 Z06 forged TTiX, 98 TA

Racetronix help - had car running, now it won't start.

I installed the racetronix pump but NOT the wiring harness. My wheels have locks and I was unable to get a key for them. I have to take the car to the dealer on Monday so they can swap out the locked lugs with regular ones and then I can do the harness install.

Anyway, I had the pump in and the car fired up and ran OK. Lightly drove it around and everything seemed fine. Parked it last night and came out in the morning to start it...it's doing the same thing when the first pump went out. Won't start, chugs and then dies.

The fuse isn't blown this time though, and I can hear the walbro prime. Can't get anything to come out of the schreader valve either. Checked the lines and everything is hooked up and not leaking. Pretty sure the car has plenty of gas.

Any ideas?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

do you have a fuel pressure gauge to see what the pressure is at the rail? What about the fuel filter? How many miles are on it? A pressure gauge can be had at pretty much any auto parts place and probably even wal-mart for ~$20.

Torch Red/Mod, Red/Grey

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    do you have a fuel pressure gauge to see what the pressure is at the rail? What about the fuel filter? How many miles are on it? A pressure gauge can be had at pretty much any auto parts place and probably even wal-mart for ~$20.
    75k on the filter I believe.

Can't go anywhere, TA won't start. C5 is in my mom's garage while I work on the TA.

I have a friend coming over to help me this evening, I'll pull the pump back out and see if I can figure anything out.

Getting really frustrated...everyone raved about how easy this was and it wasn't too bad, but it's been one thing after another.

Question though...the metal piece that's on the return side of the fuel sock from the factory...the instructions tell to pull it out and then connect the same accordian style hose back into the sock??? That hose didn't seem like it wanted to stay in there too well. It was in, but it felt like it could pull out really easily. Anyone remember whether or not they reused the metal piece on the return side of the sock?

I talked to Thunder racing and they told me if I ordered a new sock I would get a new metal piece...got the sock, no metal piece. But it felt like the hose fit in...so I wasn't sure.

Here's what I'm talking about. I didn't get that clear hose with my kit, I just had to reuse the factory hose.

Last edited by JHN; 08-19-2007 at 12:54 PM.

Torch Red/Mod, Red/Grey

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm sure it's not getting adequate fuel pressure...just because it cranks and almost starts, then just dies.

Any idea what else could cause the drop in pressure?

Nothing has changed since last night, that's what I don't understand.

Torch Red/Mod, Red/Grey

talked to a friend...even if it had disconnected, the return line wouldn't cause the loss in pressure

it fires up and runs for a second or two then dies right out

not sure where to go here, fuel filter? where are they on these cars?

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

underneath.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

If you have 75k on that filter it's due up anyhow and only takes a few minutes to change. It's on the drivers side framerail just behind the drivers door. Might have stirred up some junk in the tank and clogged the filter.....kind of a long shot but worth a try and cheap.

Torch Red/Mod, Red/Grey

K wiring is all good. Relay is good. Pump primes, crank it 2-3 times it builds FP then back to 15psi and it dies.

Pulling the assembly out...wth could be wrong?

Could the pump be a dud even though it primes?

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Sounds like a hose came off.

Torch Red/Mod, Red/Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Sounds like a hose came off.
    Yeah that's what I thought...but would the return line sliding off cause the loss in FP?

Thread Information