Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree5Likes

Questions about a tune by frost

This is a discussion on Questions about a tune by frost within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; LOL!!! Yes, the 15-20 year old car is, for now, my daily. But, I do have the "wife's car" in ...

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

LOL!!! Yes, the 15-20 year old car is, for now, my daily. But, I do have the "wife's car" in a pinch. But its so un-fun to drive... But it's a choice I made, knowing the issues and potential for downtime. It works okay for now, so I'm happy with it.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

aw I didn't know they were closed on Saturdays, now Frost has to reschedule a delivery by USPS. And considering Monday is a holiday, I probably wont get my pcm back for a good while. *sigh*

Naaman! My parents, so awesome of them, let me use the 1997 lexus suv til I get my car back. I totally know what you mean. I miss driving by slow people with the LS1 roaring at them to get on the freeway or switch lanes or something.

and PS, yes, i'm one of those guys. If someone irritates me, I let the exhaust note do the talking hehehe

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    aw I didn't know they were closed on Saturdays , now Frost has to reschedule a delivery by USPS. And considering Monday is a holiday, I probably wont get my pcm back for a good while. *sigh*

Naaman! My parents, so awesome of them, let me use the 1997 lexus suv til I get my car back. I totally know what you mean. I miss driving by slow people with the LS1 roaring at them to get on the freeway or switch lanes or something.

and PS, yes, i'm one of those guys. If someone irritates me, I let the exhaust note do the talking hehehe

We aren't closed on Saturdays (two people were here until after 5PM this past Sat), and the US Mail is usually here by 11AM. Occasionally we get a substitute carrier who just assumes that a business is closed and doesn't bother coming by. All of our out-going mail from Saturday is still here, so that must be the case. I don't really have any control over what a postal carrier does though unfortunately.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Frost - can you tune out ABS so the light doesn't come on? I'm deleting my ABS stuff because it will no longer work with my 8.8 rear.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

No, the engine controller has nothing to do with ABS unfortunately, so that is not an indicator that we have any control over in that regard.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

thx's I guess I now have a light bulb to remove in the dash cluster.....

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Hi frost,

Oh man, thats rather annoying on their part. Did you get the notice for redelivery? According to the tracking number its still at the post office and requires pickup or rescheduling of delivery..
    Last edited by Guerrillakilla13; 02-17-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    2014 Camaro: Check. 2SS: Check. 1LE: Check. 6 Speed manual? CHECK

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

They did not leave a notice. If they had bothered to come by and leave a notice, of course they would have seen that we were open. I have seen this a few times over the years. It will be delivered.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Of course I had to be one of the times

Thanks!

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It's all good. Your car will be down and out for a few days... while us poor slobs in the snowbelt have to park ours for almost 5 months every year!

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Mr. Jeff, i'm not too worried about my car, although I miss it. I'm more worried about my tags expiring this month and having to pay a late fee! haha

Plus USPS isn't exactly the best service company. According to them:

""We attempted to deliver your item at 4:26 pm on February 15, 2014 in RICHMOND, VA 23230 and a notice was left because the business was closed. You may arrange redelivery by visiting http://www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.""

And as Frost stated, they didn't bother to check if they were open on Saturday. Last thing I wanna do is sit on my bum in case they actually do send it back in 15 days.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Today is a postal holiday. Nothing will be updated. Don't sweat this; they aren't sending it back and they didn't leave a pickup notice. This must be some fill-in driver crap, but almost certainly it will be delivered tomorrow. Like I said; they have done this before a few times on Saturdays. Two of the guys were actually here until 7PM. I had left 3 PCMs on the front counter Friday night for pickup on Saturday and they are all still there. I'd drop them at the PO myself but it's closed for President's day. Like I said; don't sweat this.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

No worries from me, there's not a single doubt in my mind about you Frost. I've heard nothing but the best about your services.

My slightest fears are with the postal service. But hey, when your paying 15 bucks for 2 day shipping to across the country then you must expect the unexpected

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Frost, you are a genius.

For those of you who are curious, Tunedbyfrost fixed just about everything I had issues with + more.

-Car shifts like a champ, much smoother and much quicker.
    -no power loss between gears when gaining speed
    -car goes past 100mph!!
    -WOT car doesn't stutter when it tries to shift gears, it shifts immediately and no bouncing off the rev limiter ever happens.
    -not a doubt in my mind gas mileage will be so much better.

I gotta accumulate some more miles til all systems are complete, then I can take her in for testing. 02 sensor testing is complete, but i'm still waiting on EGR system, heated catalyst, reserved (whatever that means) and A/C Refrigerant.

I am so grateful right now. Best 150 bucks i've EVER spent. You just got yourself another completely satisfied customer Frost.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

now you know why so many people here like Frost and come out of the wood work to recommend him to people.....he's a good dude that's great for our hobby. I got a car for him to tune in person if he ever gives me a heads up when he's in Indy the next time. Or I need to get my buddy to load the car up on a trailer and we can take a road trip down there sometime.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I goto Fort Wayne IN too; that's closer, right?

I'm glad that you are happy with the calibration. I try to get them out as quickly as I can. No one likes to have a car down.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-22-2015, 07:28 PM

Thread Information