Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Questions about a tune by frost

This is a discussion on Questions about a tune by frost within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Mine will be out of commission over the weekend as well... having suspension work done. I know the feeling. Once ...

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Mine will be out of commission over the weekend as well... having suspension work done. I know the feeling. Once you get the next issue worked out, though, you'll feel much, much better.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    Could I just clamp over the original cut?

hahaha i'm not alone

I sent off my PCM today. It was like saying goodbye to a girlfriend..except doing this hurt more. I'm gonna hate seeing her set in the garage, not being able to do anything.
    I would personally cut out a small 1" piece of it so you can carry that to the parts store and get the right size line to go over it. Probably 1/4" OD so get 1/4" ID and 2 clamps then just stick one end with a clamp on one side and the same for the other. If you half ass it you'll pay for it at some point. If that leaks it'll make the car run like dog shit and your vents inside the car won't work. Believe they default to the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    Could I just clamp over the original cut?

hahaha i'm not alone

I sent off my PCM today. It was like saying goodbye to a girlfriend..except doing this hurt more. I'm gonna hate seeing her set in the garage, not being able to do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Mine will be out of commission over the weekend as well... having suspension work done. I know the feeling. Once you get the next issue worked out, though, you'll feel much, much better.
    Eventually you guys need another cheap fun car to tool around in so you aren't heartbroken when your 4th gens are down for repair. As old as these cars are getting you'll find it down for something more and more. With another fun car to drive you won't miss it so much when it does happen.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

About 70% of the cals for bolt-on mods go back out same day!
    kingls1 likes this.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You can get a pack of vacuum connectors at the parts store for a few bucks. Easy fix and no clamp needed with the barbed ends, but you can certainly use them if you want to.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    You can get a pack of vacuum connectors at the parts store for a few bucks. Easy fix and no clamp needed with the barbed ends, but you can certainly use them if you want to.
    Yea what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Hey Frost, did you get my email regarding I have a viper alarm installed and forgot to mention it in the checklist?

Oh ok thanks! I'll drop by checker tomorrow and get the stuff I need for it.

Naaman I know I can't wait til I get to take a ride with that tune installed.

Firebirdjones I can't afford another car! I'm a poor college student and thats kinda why I'm taking the half azz way for p0420 hahaha
    2014 Camaro: Check. 2SS: Check. 1LE: Check. 6 Speed manual? CHECK

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

"you guys need another cheap fun car to tool around" This is what i did, I went out and found a nice used 2009 cobalt turbo SS for a dd. It's a fun car with 300 flywheel h/p, so when ever my TA is down for whatever reason, weather, repairs, or upgrades, I still have a fun ride to get me from A to B.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    "you guys need another cheap fun car to tool around" This is what i did, I went out and found a nice used 2009 cobalt turbo SS for a dd. It's a fun car with 300 flywheel h/p, so when ever my TA is down for whatever reason, weather, repairs, or upgrades, I still have a fun ride to get me from A to B.
    I have 3 vehicles and 2 of them get driven about 3,000 miles a year combined lol.
    It's on jackstands.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Having another car as you DD I have to agree is the way to go. My TransAm was originally my DD as well but after a couple years I bought another car as my DD and it is much better since I can do whatever mods to it without having to have it back up the next day. I would try and save up for another ride as well if you can.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

When you try to own a 15-20 year old car as a daily driver it's almost impossible "not" to have another car as backup.

If I told you how many cars I have in the stable you guys would think I'm nuts. It becomes a sickness I admit most are collectable classic cars but they all run/drive. Over 3,000 square feet of garage/shop space and I've still got them stacked on car lifts so I can park underneath, and still use the enclosed trailer to hide one on occasion. Most serve a particular purpose and/or goal, but I drive them on a weekly basis when I can and any of them work fine as backups when our daily drivers are out of commission. Thankfully a live in a part of the country where the weather cooperates year round so I'm able to use the classics if need be.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 02-15-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Next trip to AZ, we'll be up!

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    When you try to own a 15-20 year old car as a daily driver it's almost impossible "not" to have another car as backup.

If I told you how many cars I have in the stable you guys would think I'm nuts. It becomes a sickness I admit most are collectable classic cars but they all run/drive. Over 3,000 square feet of garage/shop space and I've still got them stacked on car lifts so I can park underneath, and still use the enclosed trailer to hide one on occasion. Most serve a particular purpose and/or goal, but I drive them on a weekly basis when I can and any of them work fine as backups when our daily drivers are out of commission. Thankfully a live in a part of the country where the weather cooperates year round so I'm able to use the classics if need be.
    The only time I'll ever see anything come close to this is when Barrett Jackson is in town. I just love going to that event. I could only imagine what it would be like to have a mini showroom in a house!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post

Make sure there isn't a sink hole under your garage.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I raised my radio antenna halfway to honor all of the fallen Corvettes.

Yeah wouldn't that be the pits, literally, lol. I saw that on the news, and in Kentucky of all places. I'd expect that in Florida, but Kentucky??

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Just bought a rubber hose just big enough to fit the plastic tubing and a set of 4 small clamps. 4 bucks yay for easy fixes.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I've seen pictures of a lot of FBJ's cars........if I ever get access to the security code I'm making a trip to Prescott and coming home with a shit ton of cars.
    pajeff02 likes this.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I will follow you out with my trailer!

Crap,,,I better get a couple of ferocious dogs foaming at the mouth too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-22-2015, 07:28 PM

Thread Information