Question about Wiring & Vacuum Line after crash

This is a discussion on Question about Wiring & Vacuum Line after crash within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I recently got my car back from a pretty brutal crash that destroyed my front end. I had some questions ...

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Question about Wiring & Vacuum Line after crash

I recently got my car back from a pretty brutal crash that destroyed my front end. I had some questions regarding wiring/vacuum line.

Does anyone have or know the wiring schematics for the front fog lights? Both lights are there but the wire leads are cut. Where would these wires lead?

The second question is about a vacuum line that runs from the checkvalve at the back from the HVAC and runs through the loom in the passenger side, behind the battery, in front of the radiator and to the driver side. Where does this vacuum line lead to? I found the line cut behind the battery, but cannot find the other end or where the vacuum line leads.

Thanks in advance guys!

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

How bad was the wreck? Almost sounds like the shop cut the entire front end off and welded on a completely new one.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

the wreck was brutal. The shop straightened out the front part where the headlights mount, etc. The harness I believe was cut and reattached after the wreck. I am not pulling any trouble codes and everything is working fine (except for the side marker lights which are also cut and not attached :-/) Here is before and after pics:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...4&id=202400565

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...0&id=202400565

I dont know what my Facebook settings are, but I believe you should be able to see the pics. I know I got what I paid for and for what I paid, I feel I got waay more than I expected. Just need to rewire the Foglights, Horn, sidemarkers and find out where that vacuum line runs to. Thanks all!

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

As for the foglights, you will have to get underneath the front end to see where the wiring ends. As for the vacuum hose, that might be a hose that runs to the vacuum canister that traps fuel vapor. Unfortunately, I haven't been near any 4th gens to remember what goes where. I think the fogs are wired to the low beams directly.

Thread Information