question about superchips tune

This is a discussion on question about superchips tune within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I was thinking about buying one from a guy for my 2000 TA. It is the correct part number for ...

black
    1997 corvette 00 WS6 TA

question about superchips tune

I was thinking about buying one from a guy for my 2000 TA. It is the correct part number for my car but are they VIN specific tuners. He had this on a 03 vette. I checked and his also calls for the same as mine. I guess is what I'm asking is will it work on mine or is it set for his VIN on his car? Thanks

RED
    1998 Pontiac Trans AM

i believe they are vin specified

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You need to check with SuperChips...however I beleive the way it works is this....he must put back his stock tune...then that releases that specific VIN...then you can use it...but he must download his original stock tune...

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    You need to check with SuperChips...however I beleive the way it works is this....he must put back his stock tune...then that releases that specific VIN...then you can use it...but he must download his original stock tune...
    Thats exactly how it works... i had the Superchips programmer for a long time until a buddy of mine recommended the Xcalibrator... it works better than the Programmer for about the same price... Check and see if they have those for the T/A...

Thread Information