pvc issue... vacuum leak....tune issue?

need some advise,

i have a '00 trans am, has the ls6 intake, had a cam installed last summer and tuned. went with a stage 2 btr cam.

when i first got the cam installed and tuned i had an idle issue, car needed gas pedal feathered for about 5-10 seconds to get it to idle. after that the car ran great and idled great. kept thinking i need to get back into the tuner to have it sorted out. however the tuner lives a couple hours away i have never made it happen.
    When the weather cooled off the car would idle fine right after starting.

anyway, the other day i drove the car and noticed it was idling high, i suspected vacuum leak, noticed the rubber line coming off the ls6 intake to the pcv was torn. Replaced the line and now the car will not idle! any ideas???
    i can finally get it to idle after it warms completely up. I drove the car today and now it is idling a bit high again at around 1000-1100.
    I started thinking, was this vacuum starting to leak when the car was tuned and now that its fixed the air/fuel is off? could it be the pcv is sticking? any thoughts ideas is appreciated.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

PCV are cheap fix, if it hasn't been changed in ages then yes you need to. Replace the rubber hose. Another area on the PCV tubing that goes bad is behind the intake where it splits into a y section, What sucks is you never see it and if it's leaking there you'll never know unless you pull it.

Here are a couple of threads that can help you fix this.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/pcv-val...ication-80151/

These next 2 are about the best fix for the PCV issue, the stock PCV system sucks donkey balls (excuse my loathing). Combining the LS6 Valley Cover Tray with a Catch Can is the best system for our LSx's. And honestly if you price the complete stock PCV pieces it comes up higher then the LS6 VCT.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/explain...ct-mod-156010/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f63/ls6-va...r-pics-145557/
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Could be a vacuum leak but honestly my guess would be that the fueling tables need adjusted for cold starts. I had the same issue when I first put a cam in my car. I decided to take my car to a different tuner when the first one told me that he could fix my idling issues by just drilling out the throttle blade.

2002 Black WS6 A4.
    FI, H/C, LT headers, full exhaust, Fast 90/90. MWC Fab 9". Subframe connectors,
    Lower Control Arms, Panhard bar, Torque arm Strano Springs & Sway Bars.
    Koni Yellows. FLT Stage VII trans w/ PAS3400
    ASC# 4619 Conversion date was Dec 3, 2001

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I am guessing that when the PCV line came unhooked that the extra air is what "fixed" your idle issue. I assume that if you unplug the line again that the engine will idle. Absent a mechanical issue, this really sounds like a problem with your tune.

Thread Information