Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pull to the right

This is a discussion on Pull to the right within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by slpcamaro I will spin them and try the torque thing first, not sure how well the switching ...

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    I will spin them and try the torque thing first, not sure how well the switching tires thing would work there directional so the bad tire will still be on the same site so moving front to back it should do the same right? I want to figure out which one it is too so i'm going to do these steps one at a time.
    A radial tire pull is caused by a bad tire on the front. When the bad tire is moved to the rear, the pull will go away. A bad tire on the rear won't make it pull. You need to take the left side wheels off, and swap them front to rear. Then road test it to see if that helped. If that didn't help, pull the right side wheels off, and swap the front with the rear. Then road test again.

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jigger1166 View Post
    A radial tire pull is caused by a bad tire on the front. When the bad tire is moved to the rear, the pull will go away. A bad tire on the rear won't make it pull. You need to take the left side wheels off, and swap them front to rear. Then road test it to see if that helped. If that didn't help, pull the right side wheels off, and swap the front with the rear. Then road test again.
    I see considering that I have a warranty on the tires, my idea was to check the others then go back I don't want to touch the tires and them try to bs me shops over here are pretty bad.

Black/Silver Stripes
    2000 Trans am Ws6

rotated the tires... still a pull... this is really getting frustrating!!!

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaroride32 View Post
    rotated the tires... still a pull... this is really getting frustrating!!!
    Did you try spinning the wheels when it was jacked up? Did they spin freely?
    If they did, then the alignment is bad, and you need to take it back to the place that did the alignment. Tell them what you did, and tell them to "FIX IT!"

Black/Silver Stripes
    2000 Trans am Ws6

ya they spin freely... according to them... if anything w/ their allignment they did it should pull a tad to the left... which it pulls like crazy to the right... so they pretty much said they can adjust it again if i want but it wont do anythin.... so im kinda lost. I dont know if this means anythin, but i changed the front tires from the 270-40 to 245-45 though i dont think it means anyhtin cuz its same diameter.... but its really frustrating me...

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

too bad you are 5 hours away from me, or i'd say bring it to me.

Black/Silver Stripes
    2000 Trans am Ws6

allignment specs are as followed : Left Right
    Camber 0.6 0.2
    Caster 4.6 5.2
    Toe 0.2 0.2

Black/Silver Stripes
    2000 Trans am Ws6

after further inspection of the brakes.. i believe the front right rotor is shot... i can see they are starting to blue and have little cracks throughout the rotor... thanks for all the help.. i believe im going to change all the rotors, pads, and lines and hopefully the problem will be solved.

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

after further inspection of the brakes.. i believe the front right rotor is shot... i can see they are starting to blue and have little cracks throughout the rotor... thanks for all the help.. i believe im going to change all the rotors, pads, and lines and hopefully the problem will be solved.
    Good luck, let us know how it works out.

silver
    98 ss camaro

It's about time for me to do the same no cracks mine are just wore and don't stop as fast as I'd like. Any suggestions I know for a good set I'm looking at some money but I don't want to spend nothing like 3k but whats a good set up at a decent price?? I don't drag the car but when a mustang pulls up on the freeway I have to put him in his place so I do get up there. I'm rolling on 275/45/r17 if that makes a difference and this is on a 98 ss.

Black/Silver Stripes
    2000 Trans am Ws6

ok well i changed the rotors, pads, and lines... and doesent it figure it still pulls to right lmfao!!!! The never ending problem.... When i was doing the brakes i also found that the bracket that holds the rotor... the sliding pieces for the caliper was froze so i believe that was part of the problem... but still a pull. I also noticed that now when i get ready to go forward on the car right when i engage the clutch to begin moving... the steering wheel will vibrate alot and then it will stop after it goes... so its gonna either be the power steering or get the allignment done again right??? Is there a way to check if the power steering is bad or not w/o having to order a new one??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information