Results 1 to 15 of 15

Project plans

This is a discussion on Project plans within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; so I have been thinking and looking around craigslist as I save my money for a project. My question is ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    46

    Flat Black
    1990 Nissan 240sx

    Project plans

    so I have been thinking and looking around craigslist as I save my money for a project.

    My question is what do you think about this plan

    I want to do an LSx swap into a 240sx hatch. So i thought if I could find a good deal on a camaro with an LS in it i could drive that while I rebuild my current 240sx. Then i thought if i do that i can just pull the motor from the camaro and rebuild it and the transmission and do a swap into the camaro that you wouldnt normally do.

    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    46

    Flat Black
    1990 Nissan 240sx

    bump can anyone let em know what they think

  3. #3
    Senior Member Z28Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, Ok
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,542

    Arctic White
    2000 Z28

    You might get some replies in a tech section. Moving to the general section.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    46

    Flat Black
    1990 Nissan 240sx

    ok thanks

  5. #5
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_D View Post
    so I have been thinking and looking around craigslist as I save my money for a project.

    My question is what do you think about this plan

    I want to do an LSx swap into a 240sx hatch. So i thought if I could find a good deal on a camaro with an LS in it i could drive that while I rebuild my current 240sx. Then i thought if i do that i can just pull the motor from the camaro and rebuild it and the transmission and do a swap into the camaro that you wouldnt normally do.

    What do you guys think?
    I am not totally sure what you are trying to say here. What do you mean by "do a swap into the camaro you wouldn't normally do"? I don't know much about the 240sx but it should be do able.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    46

    Flat Black
    1990 Nissan 240sx

    the LSx to 240sx shouldnt be that hard but i kinda want to still drive the camaro. not sure what to put in it any ideas for the camaro?

  7. #7
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    might wanna talk to this guy about the 240. New pics of my LS swapped 240SX

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    46

    Flat Black
    1990 Nissan 240sx

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    might wanna talk to this guy about the 240. New pics of my LS swapped 240SX
    i already looked at that i just wanted to know what are some crazy swaps for a camaro? i was thinking of maybe putting an RB25 in the camaro or something. let me know what are some swaps for a camaro

  9. #9
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_D View Post
    i already looked at that i just wanted to know what are some crazy swaps for a camaro? i was thinking of maybe putting an RB25 in the camaro or something. let me know what are some swaps for a camaro

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    46

    Flat Black
    1990 Nissan 240sx

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    It's something out of the ordinary come on and when I ask for suggestions no one helps ): so does anyone have any suggestions?

  11. #11
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,997

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    You can do whatever want. I like interesting swaps. BUT....
    Here' my suggestion:
    Its a Camaro, so it needs a Chevy engine. Or at least an American engine. It definitely needs a V8 engine. IDK what a RB25 is...hold on let me google that.

    oh ok its a Nissan straight 6 cylinder.

  12. #12
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    ^haha
    Chevy motors swap well into anything, even the ford guys do it. But it is Blasphemous for it to happen the other way around.
    I don't see anything wrong with just buying an ls-1/trans and putting it in the 240sx. But I don't see the reason why you need to buy a whole other car to do so. Multi projects suck. And the more you have the longer it takes to complete.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    46

    Flat Black
    1990 Nissan 240sx

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    You can do whatever want. I like interesting swaps. BUT....
    Here' my suggestion:
    Its a Camaro, so it needs a Chevy engine. Or at least an American engine. It definitely needs a V8 engine. IDK what a RB25 is...hold on let me google that.

    oh ok its a Nissan straight 6 cylinder.
    The rb is a really nice motor and thanks for your opinion I'm still thinking about what to do but I might just get the LSx and trans and do a swap
    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    ^haha
    Chevy motors swap well into anything, even the ford guys do it. But it is Blasphemous for it to happen the other way around.
    I don't see anything wrong with just buying an ls-1/trans and putting it in the 240sx. But I don't see the reason why you need to buy a whole other car to do so. Multi projects suck. And the more you have the longer it takes to complete.
    Yeah I've always been a chevy fan but have never been able to afford one thats why I wanted to get an LSx but i still have to figure out what I want to do

  14. #14
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_D View Post
    The rb is a really nice motor and thanks for your opinion I'm still thinking about what to do but I might just get the LSx and trans and do a swap


    Yeah I've always been a chevy fan but have never been able to afford one thats why I wanted to get an LSx but i still have to figure out what I want to do
    Buy the motor with the trans and leave it at that. Do you have any idea how much the conversion brackets to do the swap cost?

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    46

    Flat Black
    1990 Nissan 240sx

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Buy the motor with the trans and leave it at that. Do you have any idea how much the conversion brackets to do the swap cost?
    For the 240? I think it like 300+ Can't really remeber I have it saved on my computer somewhere

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Project F73 Chevrolet Camaro - Project Cars
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 08:40 PM
  2. Project Chevrolet Guide - Project Cars
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 07:20 PM
  3. Project 1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - The E-Rod Z28 - Project
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 05:30 PM
  4. First Chevy Project Car - Pick Your First Project
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 10:30 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 12:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •