Thread: Project car!!

black
    1995 formula

Project car!!

I wanted to get somemore input on my project car, the 95 formula that I'v decided to do a LS1 conversion on. I'm in the procese of ordering all my new suspension parts including the new K-rail from BMR. The moter is goin to end up being a stroked 383 with a 4.0 stroke with dished pistons (forged aluminum) 8.5 to 1 compresion. Cam lob is still undecided. I'm going to probably us mildly ported LS6 heads. I am going to stay with the fuel injection so here is my delema?? The reason the compression is so low, as you probably already guessed is because I am going to either supercharge this motor or go with twin smaller turbo's rather than one bigger one. I would like some opinions on witch way you guys feel is best? Please remember I am aware that the install on the turbo's is much more dificult but I already planed ahead by having the new K-rail made for just that type of install just in case I go that route. Please let me know your thoughts???

Thanks

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by ozziesformula View Post
    I wanted to get somemore input on my project car, the 95 formula that I'v decided to do a LS1 conversion on. I'm in the procese of ordering all my new suspension parts including the new K-rail from BMR. The moter is goin to end up being a stroked 383 with a 4.0 stroke with dished pistons (forged aluminum) 8.5 to 1 compresion. Cam lob is still undecided. I'm going to probably us mildly ported LS6 heads. I am going to stay with the fuel injection so here is my delema?? The reason the compression is so low, as you probably already guessed is because I am going to either supercharge this motor or go with twin smaller turbo's rather than one bigger one. I would like some opinions on witch way you guys feel is best? Please remember I am aware that the install on the turbo's is much more dificult but I already planed ahead by having the new K-rail made for just that type of install just in case I go that route. Please let me know your thoughts???

Thanks
    have you looked into a rear mount twin turbo setup? if I had the money that is the way I'd go.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

APS twin turbo will fit very well and have greater reliability than most any other setup IMO.
    The 383 setup isnt too friendly with ls1 engines. Get a 402/408 setup

The aftermarket k-member will make a world of different in the clearance.

Blue
    2000 Z28

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ozziesformula View Post

Thanks
    I have a front end damaged 2000 camaro for sale that may interest you. 11:1 383 with 442 rwhp, 445 rwtq on Mustang Dyno at Tune Time Performance, engine is new, just completed first oil changer when car wrecked. Moser 9'' Ford with aluminum center section 3.50 gears, UMI adj. LCA's, frame connectors and adj. panhard rod, Spec Stage 3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, Mcleod adj. master cylinder and drill mod on stock line, new slave cylinder. Aluminum Corvette Z06 rims with Michelin Pilot Sport ps2's on front, BF Goodrich drag radials on back(pretty worn though), 9 1/2 on front and 10 1/2 on back. Call 856-340-6023, make reasonable offer.

Thread Information