Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Angry Problems with TPS. Any Ideas?

I ported and polised my mass air flow and also The throttle body on my car. Every since then it throws a code for the tps. It will idle at 3000 rpms if I push the clutch in and put it in neutral and coast to a stop at a red light. Then it will take a min and will idle normal. I put a new tps on it but it didnt fix the problem. If anyone has had this problem or have any idea, please tell me it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 02bluews6ta

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

several things...porting your maf is bad..but i would assume that either..your calibration is off now because of your porting the maf..and or porting your t/b wrong..threw off your tps setting...you didn't play with/epoxy the tps entry way did you ?

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

did you take out your TB butterfly valve to port if so it could be not seated properly try unscrewing the two screws a little (dont take them all the way out) and try to move the butterfly valve around a little to seat it properly. The first time i P&P my TB I did this and it kept on reving up high once i did this tho it went back to normal, Try that if that dont work you might need to get a new throttle position sensor.
    98 Trans Am Custom Paint, Ghost Skuls On Racing Stripe + Custom Front Lip, :MODs Tubular K-member, Tubular Upper and lower A-arms, Tubular Control Arms, 4:10's, Cam L-.567/.575 D@.05-.212/.218,1.85 Roller Rockers, P&P Heads, ARH Headers & HF Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP loudmouth catback, +'s

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    several things...porting your maf is bad..but i would assume that either..your calibration is off now because of your porting the maf..and or porting your t/b wrong..threw off your tps setting...you didn't play with/epoxy the tps entry way did you ?
    Shady Milkman is right also porting MAF is bad, I really hope that you did not play with the TPS entry way that could be bad. If you ported any of the other smaller ports it would not be good either.

Black &Gold &Tan Inside
    2001 WS6-NHRA

my was sticking @ 2000rpm so I put a new ica in.....gone!!!!!

Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

No, i didnt do anything with the smaller ports on the inside or the epoxy.

Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    my was sticking @ 2000rpm so I put a new ica in.....gone!!!!!
    I know I probably know this and might be having a brain fart but what do you mean ICA?? Thanks

Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Customta98 View Post
    did you take out your TB butterfly valve to port if so it could be not seated properly try unscrewing the two screws a little (dont take them all the way out) and try to move the butterfly valve around a little to seat it properly. The first time i P&P my TB I did this and it kept on reving up high once i did this tho it went back to normal, Try that if that dont work you might need to get a new throttle position sensor.
    Thanks, I will try seating the butterfly again. But I did not mess with the smaller ports or tps entry way in anyway. Thank you for your help. oh, and i already tryed replacing the tps.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 02bluews6ta View Post
    I know I probably know this and might be having a brain fart but what do you mean ICA?? Thanks
    he ment IAC..idle air control ...it is the valve that goes into your throttle body..right aboce your tps

Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

he ment IAC..idle air control ...it is the valve that goes into your throttle body..right aboce your tps
    oh, thats why i didnt know what he was talking about lol. well anyway. now, when It accually idles right, i turn the ac on, then, the rpms shoot up to 3000 and sits there. also, when im in neutral ideling, I can let the clutch out and it will go to 3000, then ill push it in then it will go down to 2000 rpms then i let it back out and it goes back up... BUT, if i leave the clutch in, ideling at about 2000, and I can wait a few seconds and the idle will start going down to normal then it idles fine...... I'm just a little confused by the whole situation.

98' trans am

have you tried swaping mafs ? one that isn't ported ?

Thread Information