red
    02 trans am ws6

problems starting

What up????? O.K. I read all the posts on cars not starting but still I have a couple questions.... Ran the car on Monday it ran good, (still a tad rich since I haven't got my new tune back after the ls6 install) I installed new fans Monday night and let the car idle for 10 minutes to make sure everything was working. Today I went to bring my car to my bro's because he finnally got the new tunes and it wouldn't start. I checked the shrader valve and it is dumping fuel checked for spark at the wire and its getting spark. I did have a blown 20amp fuse under the hood for the eng sens. I replaced that. Why it was blown I don't know. The car cranks and sputters just won't start. I pulled the #3 plug and it's fouled (black and wet with gas). I guess my question is would the fuse being blown in combination with the fuel dumping in cause it to flood out and now just crank and shutter a bit? I will put a pressure gauge on the rail tomarrow and check that as well as change the plugs, anything else to look for? The fuel filter was replaced 1000 miles ago, the ls6 has 500 miles on it as well as the ngk tr6 plugs.. now for the mods if anybody is wondering, ls6 crate motor, msd wires, ngk tr6 plugs, 42# injectors, qtp long tubes, true 2 1/2 in duals, volant cold air kit, underdrive pulley, and it's got a decent cam (can't find spec sheet) ls6 intake, any help would be great!!!

red
    02 trans am ws6

anybody? I tried disconnecting my MAF since that will cause a no start but still nothing..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I have a couple of questions:
    Why are you running tr6 plugs? Are you spraying the car?
    Did you pull any of the other plugs to see if they are also fouled? Could be causing the no start if they are.
    Has the car been tuned for the 42# injectors?
    Do you have any way of logging the car to see how it's running fuel trim wise?

red
    02 trans am ws6

I put the tr6 plugs in because I'm adding spray (was going to install it this weekend) I pulled all the plugs. they are all black and gas smelling. so I'm thinking thats why it wont start. I left them out over night hoping the fuel evaporates. I will put new ones in today and see. It was tuned for the injectors. My MAF wasn't reading anything, do to a bad harness to the slp MAF. I also think that might of blown the fuse or the fact that my o2 extention wire was melted on the header that problem is fixed. I'm wishing for the best now. The dealership hates looking at it and told me last time it was in that they could no longer do anything until it was back to stock form. Unfortunatly there is no other performance shops around here.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Yea-dealerships arent much help even in stock form. They make alot of excuses IMO and claim alot of problems are caused by not staying stock. They actually said my MTI lid was causing a rough idle in my car hahahahahah!

red
    02 trans am ws6

They told me when I had the ls1 in it ,that the headers and the y had to come off. Oh well I got my plugs in and it fired right up!!! Getting it tuned more tonite. the first time was a base tune so it was drivable. Now I'm hoping we got all the plug wires tight. Good thing my girlfriend has little hands!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by badazta View Post
    Good thing my girlfriend has little hands!
    That's a very desirable trait in a woman.

Glad you got it fired up. I definitely would get it tuned. That sounds like possibly the root to your issues. Were both banks fouled or was the side with the melted extension worse? I tell ya, it's nice to have at a minimum autotap so you can keep an eye on what's going on with the car from time to time. A car that has major mods pretty much makes that a requirement. If I can ever get together with my buddy to transfer the tune on his vette to my hptuner stuff I'm gonna be selling my a-tap stuff.

red
    02 trans am ws6

My bro and I have an hptuner just don't know much bout tunin'. She runs strong. I'm going to go over everything again Sunday make sure stuff tight and on. I love it!! Fast, faster then it was with the supercharger, can't wait for the shot of juice!!!

Thread Information