Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Problem when I hook too hard

I dont know where to start..... OK, first off, Decided that I wanted to go to the track last night just to see what my car could do without the LS6 intake, ported TB, and a tune. Anyways, I get up to the line, do my burnout and pull up to the light. I bring the car up to about 2500 rpms, the light turns green and I slip the clutch out pretty fast and floor it. The car hooked nasty and felt like it was going to pull sick. After about 10 feet, the car completely died. Headlights, tail lights, gauges, EVERYTHING shut off. Meanwhile I am still flooring it, b/c I dont realized WTF's happening. The car starts back up, feels like it launches again and shuts down once again. THEN, starts back up and I finish the 1/4 mile. It happened all so fast that I never took my foot off the gas. I was pissed, but at the same time I am thinking about what it could be. I know it sounds like I bogged it BADDD but the lights wouldnt shut off, plus it has 4:30's and it wouldnt bogg multiple times. So I decided that I would try it again, While I am in line waiting, my belt falls off. So now I am thinking its b/c the belt might have messed with the alternator or something. Since the belt was half shredded, I decided to leave it off and run without the belt, so I could use it to get home...LOL So I get up to the light, bring it up to about 4000 rpms. Slip the clutch like last time and floor it. Does the same damn thing but not as bad, lights stayed on this time. It only shut off once on that run instead of twice on the first run.

OK let me add that this has NEVER happened before. But I have never hooked that hard from a dig before either. You would think that the car would do that when I do a first gear roll though, b/c the car squats alot then also. I havent had a chance to look at the car yet, but I just want some opinions on what it MIGHT be. I know once I get it all dialed in, with the intake, TB and tune, this thing will rip it. I got a shitty time last night but heres a quick rundown on what it did.

FIRST RUN
    60ft- 2.740
    1/8- 9.188 @ 90.02
    1/4- 13.500 @ 115.55

I think thats a nasty MPH for fucking up like it did in the begining

SECOND RUN
    60ft- 2.003
    1/8- 8.115 @ 91.95
    1/4- 13.512 @ 76.09 (shut it off in 3rd b/c It started getting hot)

I believe if I get this car tuned in and launching nice that it should be in the high 11's @ about 120mph +/-

Give me some of your opinions guys, and sorry for blabing on and on

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

answered this on need2speed as well

sounds like what happened to me. the battery hold down tray broke. everytime i launched, the battery would fall backward and the positive cable would hit the AC accumulator bracket. it did it to me three times at the track before i saw the arc marks on the bracket. my dash would go out as well.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Thanks man. I replyed to you on N2S also. It was the problem...

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    answered this on need2speed as well

sounds like what happened to me. the battery hold down tray broke. everytime i launched, the battery would fall backward and the positive cable would hit the AC accumulator bracket. it did it to me three times at the track before i saw the arc marks on the bracket. my dash would go out as well.
    Yes we always used some nice industrial zip ties to fix this matter!!! A nice little piece of 200mph duck tap does the temp. trick at the track over the batt. cable bolt!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Thread Information