Problem with Throtle Position Sensor

This is a discussion on Problem with Throtle Position Sensor within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Got an 04 Z and installed a new intake all was well. Since I'm down for the winter decided to ...

black
    2004 Corvette Z06

Problem with Throtle Position Sensor

Got an 04 Z and installed a new intake all was well. Since I'm down for the winter decided to polish the TB. Put it back together and now it acts like the TPS isnt working. Put a new TPS on same thing, it idles at 2k RPM and push the gas pedal and theres no response. DIC code is 1516-Throtle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Actuator Position Performance. What exactly does this mean? Thanks in advance.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

G'day and welcome to the site! Just east of Cleveland myself.

As for the tb, you have the electronic drive-by-wire one correct? It sounds like either there is no communication between the potentiometer on the accelerator pedal and the actuator on the tb, or the actuator itself has failed. I would check the connections for a bad contact.

black
    2004 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    G'day and welcome to the site! Just east of Cleveland myself.

As for the tb, you have the electronic drive-by-wire one correct? It sounds like either there is no communication between the potentiometer on the accelerator pedal and the actuator on the tb, or the actuator itself has failed. I would check the connections for a bad contact.
    Thanks for the warm welcome, my wife is from Highland Heights. Your correct no throtle cable. I've been over all the connections the odd thing is it was running fine after the intake install, but I took it back apart to polish the TB, and thats when this occured. I hate to just start throwing parts at it, but I managed to find a good working used TB w/ the TPS and motor on it for cheap. If that works I'll just put the parts on the polished body. If not it's back to square one. Thanks for the response.

Thread Information