Red
    2000 WS6

Power Reduction after Dealership Repair

I had a bad right bank Cat and the car was taken to the dealership because it was still under warranty. They replaced the right bank Cat along with the Y-pipe, the odd thing is, it does not pull like it used to. Well it does pull, but it's power band seems to have been reduced. It's a 99 T/A A4 with 3.23's in it, normally it would had a violent launch from 0-39 mph and draw all the way to redline which I had set to 6500 rpm and would get rubber going into second gear. Now it will only launch violenty from 0-32 mph and will not draw to redline. Anyone work at a dealership or know a general idea of what they possibly could have done to choke my car down? It's bugging the hell out of me. Thanks for your time.

~Jeff

Did you have a tune in the car? Just a guess but maybe they installed an update to the PCM for you. I always return mine to stock before going anywhere near a dealer. Or maybe just needs some more miles on it.
    A4(3.42)TA Cover/Nittos/Vig 3200/Corsa Catback/FTRA/BMR Boxed SFC, STB, ACLA, APHR/Predator Custom Tune...

Red
    2000 WS6

Re:

Ya man, I have a tune in it. Unfortunately, I did not tune it back to stock before the dealership. But I have tuned it back to stock and then retuned back to what I had before, it made a little difference, but It's still choked down... You might be right on it needing to be worn in before it performs better. LoL thanks for being a big help on this whole ordeal man, it is much appreciated.

Thread Information