Thread: Is it possible?

Black
    1998 WS6

Question Is it possible?

Is it possible to get in the neighborhood of 450 hp with a head, cam, intake, and header install and still pass the NY State emissions test? Which heads? What would be the specs on the cam? (I have a 98 WS6.) Yet another reason why living in NY sucks. Also,any recommendations for a shop in upstate NY to do the work? Thanks in advance.

Red
    2001 ws6

ya u can pass NY emissions, theres PLENTY of people that will pass you for a few bucks even if it doesnt pass and u can easily get 450 hp with the right combo

2002 WS6

As you know Upstate NY is a pretty big and broad area. Need to be a bit more specific.

Black
    1998 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Fung Bucko View Post
    As you know Upstate NY is a pretty big and broad area. Need to be a bit more specific.
    Central NY. Cooperstown. 1hr from Albany, 1hr from Syracuse, 2hrs from NYC

Red
    2001 ws6

i know guys out by me but nobody up there haha. Im sure you can talk to a few guys tho, it just costs a few more bucks.

silver
    02 WS6

Im not sure if NY does this or not but in Ohio you can get collector tags for some F-bodies which means you are not required to get emissions. you might want to check into it. Either way before I got collector tags for my car i passed Ohio emissions with my set up, but NY might be more strict.

02 Silver WS6,M6
    | Comp 228/230 112LSA | Comp push rods | PP stg II LS6 style heads | Fast 90 intake | PTM 90 TB | 42lb injectors | LS2 timing chain | SLP lid | NGK TR55 | Speed density tune | Supermaxx headers | Magnaflow catback | SPEC III Clutch | PRO 5.0 | Spohn SFC | BMR's LCA + drop brackets | UMI TA and PHB | Moser 12bolt w/4.11 | Nitto RII's | Strano sway bars | Strano springs | Koni 4/4's |
    Last edited by JF-WS6; 02-15-2009 at 02:09 PM.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

I am at 440 RWHP with everything you stated except LT's. I have Edelbrock shorties, but I am sure if I had some Kooks or QTP,s, I would be well over 450RWHP. Good luck on passing emissions though, I dont have cat's! The TrickFlow Head and Cam (515HP) will get you started.
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Thread Information