Results 1 to 8 of 8

Which plug wires?

This is a discussion on Which plug wires? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Taylor Thundervolts were on the car when I got it, but half of them have fallen apart. I got some ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,173
    07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

    Question Which plug wires?

    Taylor Thundervolts were on the car when I got it, but half of them have fallen apart.

    I got some MSD wires, but the boots are too long and some will lay right on the headers. I won't feel comfortable w/them on even if I added heat sleeves.

    WHat do I have left to choose from?
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

  2. #2
    Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bragg NC
    Posts
    2,835

    Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

    Yepp mine sat on my headers for a lil bit then i added heat shields and so far so good. Even my stock wires were hitting my headers.
    I would go ahead and put them on with some heat shields and see how they do. Did you get a set of msd's for an ls1 or universal?
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,173
    07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    Yepp mine sat on my headers for a lil bit then i added heat shields and so far so good. Even my stock wires were hitting my headers.
    I would go ahead and put them on with some heat shields and see how they do. Did you get a set of msd's for an ls1 or universal?
    J
    Got the LS1 set

  4. #4
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,468

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    I have pacesetter headers and had a problem with msd's touching but I could rotate the boot a little and that got the wires off the headers. Have you tried rotating the boots? My buddies c-5 with FLP headers has a major problem with that. Rotating the boots doesn't help and he eventually dries out the boot enough to where it'll crack. Goes through a wire or two each summer even with kevlar sleeves on the wires.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,173
    07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I have pacesetter headers and had a problem with msd's touching but I could rotate the boot a little and that got the wires off the headers. Have you tried rotating the boots? My buddies c-5 with FLP headers has a major problem with that. Rotating the boots doesn't help and he eventually dries out the boot enough to where it'll crack. Goes through a wire or two each summer even with kevlar sleeves on the wires.
    The boots would be my problem as they are long & 180*.

  6. #6
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,468

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by Loco View Post
    The boots would be my problem as they are long & 180*.
    I have the straight boots also. They can be twisted to give you a little clearance. Basically you're turning the whole wire to make use of the angle coming off the coil pack. Give it a shot and see if that helps you out some.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,173
    07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

    Anyone know anything about the boots on the Magnecor wires here that are "Recommended for cars w/ headers?"
    http://thunderracing.com/catalog/?ac...vid=3&pcid=104

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,173
    07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

    Last edited by MagicMan; 09-18-2006 at 02:41 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •