Please help with front end rattle on Z28!

I have a 99 Z28 that I can not seem to find a front end rattle on both the left and right side. The sound is very audible inside the car when driving over any small bumps or a rough road, etc.

The front shocks and upper shock bushings have been replaced. I also replaced the outer tie rods and rear shocks. I took the car to a repair shop and the did a front end alignment and couldn't find what the rattle was. I have checked for ball joint play and can't find any. The upper and lower control arm bushings are dried out, but they are not missing or have any large cracks.

Any ideas or recommendations?

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

there's this piece under ur car, that i think it is there to save ur driveline form hitting the ground if the driveline breaks. bend it out about an inch or two and see if that is the problem. the exhaust has a tendency to rattle against it. my 02' SS did it and my 01' T/A did it. these ls1's rattle so much i still have one slight rattle on my car that no one hears but me. took it to the dealership and everything, 3 mechanics drove it around and said it sounded great.

Black
    2001 Trans am 6sp.

Another quick thing to try is lightly apply your brakes when the noise is audible to eliminate brake pad rattle or loose caliper noise.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Jglisson View Post
    I have a 99 Z28 that I can not seem to find a front end rattle on both the left and right side. The sound is very audible inside the car when driving over any small bumps or a rough road, etc.

The front shocks and upper shock bushings have been replaced. I also replaced the outer tie rods and rear shocks. I took the car to a repair shop and the did a front end alignment and couldn't find what the rattle was. I have checked for ball joint play and can't find any. The upper and lower control arm bushings are dried out, but they are not missing or have any large cracks.

Any ideas or recommendations?
    was this rattle there before you had the front shocks replaced? have you checked the sway bar end links?

Thread Information