Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

please help code p0102

This is a discussion on please help code p0102 within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i was thinking about taking it to gm to fix it but i dont think they will even no what ...

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    94

    red
    2002 ws6

    i was thinking about taking it to gm to fix it but i dont think they will even no what is wrong with it because theres so many upgrades and deletes, plus how much would it cost

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    94

    red
    2002 ws6

    i dont seem to find any pinched or burned wires, my ses light flashes which means multiple missfire the ses fuse hasnt burned out again, when i think about it all these problems started to occur after i ripped the a.i.r. pump system out

  3. #43
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by lsmaxxed View Post
    i dont seem to find any pinched or burned wires, my ses light flashes which means multiple missfire the ses fuse hasnt burned out again, when i think about it all these problems started to occur after i ripped the a.i.r. pump system out
    hmm did you remove the AIR pump? if the problem really started after the air delete then i will back track everything that you did and make sure everything is good. Did you just did the headers, ORY and tune then the problem started once you put it all back together?
    Last edited by JayTA98; 06-13-2011 at 06:36 PM.

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    94

    red
    2002 ws6

    i put longtubes ory cat drove it 400 miles or so and it ran good then i took off a.i.r. Then ran poorly once i removed the a.i.r. Solenoid left the sensor to the pump unplugged and capped the sucking vaccum line. The problem is after a few mintues of driving it will get real jerky miss alot and when i romp on it it gets really loud and goes but i can tell theres power loss. The ses light flashes when i drive it for a while. Someone said a possible burned front 02 sensor, they arent but could that mean the front 2 02 sensors are bad? Also i had the recent tune after this problem started. I said no cats and no air pump. The rear 2 02 sensors are screwed into the ory but not plugged into the sensor wire they are zip tied up. Thanks for baring with me all opinions appreciated im just trying to get it to run right thanks guys

  5. #45
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    the problem lies in the air delete it sounds like. Maybe reinstall the air pump and hose and see if it runs right again. Sounds retarded yes, but that would eliminate that. I highly doubt your o2s just went out all of a sudden. It sounds like a vacuum leak to me and it's pointing to the air system since this started right after you deleted it.

  6. #46
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by lsmaxxed View Post
    i put longtubes ory cat drove it 400 miles or so and it ran good then i took off a.i.r. Then ran poorly once i removed the a.i.r. Solenoid left the sensor to the pump unplugged and capped the sucking vaccum line. The problem is after a few mintues of driving it will get real jerky miss alot and when i romp on it it gets really loud and goes but i can tell theres power loss. The ses light flashes when i drive it for a while. Someone said a possible burned front 02 sensor, they arent but could that mean the front 2 02 sensors are bad? Also i had the recent tune after this problem started. I said no cats and no air pump. The rear 2 02 sensors are screwed into the ory but not plugged into the sensor wire they are zip tied up. Thanks for baring with me all opinions appreciated im just trying to get it to run right thanks guys
    it sounds to me that something went wrong after the air delete. you mention the air solenoid, are you talking about the fuse? when i remove mine I only remove the air pump fuse. Im assuming that put the block off plates in the manifolds(with gaskets).

  7. #47
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    the problem lies in the air delete it sounds like. Maybe reinstall the air pump and hose and see if it runs right again. Sounds retarded yes, but that would eliminate that. I highly doubt your o2s just went out all of a sudden. It sounds like a vacuum leak to me and it's pointing to the air system since this started right after you deleted it.
    thats what im thinking 35th, that is related to the air. Or something happened while he was deleting it.

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    94

    red
    2002 ws6

    sounds like a good idea i had thought about doing that but i didnt no if it would work because i had the a.i.r delete with my tune by frost

  9. #49
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    any way that you can post a video of close up around the engine area and the car running?

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    94

    red
    2002 ws6

    yeah i can make one with my camera but i dont know how to put it onto the computer. When first starting it it sounds fine its after driving it for a few mintues then at idle you can here it missing.

  11. #51
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Wish I could offer more help, but I'm running out of ideas here. Other than the air delete, and a vacuum leak somewhere else, I have nothing else.

  12. #52
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by lsmaxxed View Post
    yeah i can make one with my camera but i dont know how to put it onto the computer. When first starting it it sounds fine its after driving it for a few mintues then at idle you can here it missing.
    the only other thing i can think off is the spark plugs or wires? I just dont think it will throw o2 codes. I'm kinda of running out of ideas here.

  13. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    94

    red
    2002 ws6

    for the a.i.r. Delete i unplugged the sensor its just dangling unplugged is this what you did? I removed the solenoid thing that had the 2 vaccum lines going 1 in and another out. I set the solenoid aside with the other a.i.r. Stuff and capped the sucking line that originally went into the solenoid sensor. I the removed the fuse, and relay and had it tuned out, just checking if this is the way that you deleted yours

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,725
    Friend of mine had a misfire after doing headers, we started and reved the car in complete darkness and saw the #6 plug wire was arcing on the header. Just another idea.

  15. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    94

    red
    2002 ws6

    hey i just started it in the dark but how do you check what you Are saying? i didnt see any spark or anything
    also im trying to upload a video on youtube to show you guys but it says 580 minutes to load its only 3 minutes long

  16. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    94

    red
    2002 ws6

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff-P8zEA3Zk[/ame]

    i uploaded a video to youtube please help me find the problem!

  17. #57
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by lsmaxxed View Post


    i uploaded a video to youtube please help me find the problem!
    Im not sure if it is your camera but I think I can hear and air leak even when you are driving. Now that vaccum line that used to be part of the air solenoid. can you follow it to the back and pulled it out then plug it back there? The other thing I can think of is to spray starting fluid or wd 40 aorund the engine area and hear for a change in idle. that tells you you have a leak somewhere. Do thi with a cold engine. Did you use the stock mainfold gaskets?
    Last edited by JayTA98; 06-15-2011 at 08:06 AM.

  18. #58
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    what they mean by arcing is that if look at the headers you can see it arcing between the headers and the spark plug boot.

    How old are your spark plugs and wires? I had a bad wires and i never had a SES light until long down the road.

    can you reach beind the intake? there is a T back there for the small vaccum line. Check the vaccum line connections back there and you should be able to take the T off and just plug the vaccum line that comes to the passenger side. The MAP sensor is back there as well and it has a small gasket.

    Did you remove the coils when doing the headers? Did you make sure the wires click twice in the coils?

  19. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    94

    red
    2002 ws6

    i took the t off behind the intake and inspected it already i used new gaskets that came with the headers and clicked the spark plugs twice this was all fine after the header install for 300 miles its when i messed with the air pump i think is when the problems started i did the a.i.r. pump 6 months after the headers.i dont get what spraying wd 40 on the engine will do?

  20. #60
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    spraying it on the vacuum hoses and around the intake will show if you have a vacuum leak. The spray will suck into the vacuum line and the engine will idle differently if there is a leak.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help!!! P0102 code!!!!
    By mjs0808 in forum General Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 07:32 PM
  2. P0102 & p0122
    By shady milkman in forum General Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 07:25 PM
  3. p0102 mass air sens cir low freq ?????
    By JRENIGAR in forum General Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 04:29 PM
  4. Help: P0103 and P0102
    By SandmanWs7 in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 07:44 PM
  5. Trouble codes p0171 p0102 p1153
    By redbird555 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 06:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •