Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

please help code p0102

This is a discussion on please help code p0102 within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i was thinking about taking it to gm to fix it but i dont think they will even no what ...

red
    2002 ws6

i was thinking about taking it to gm to fix it but i dont think they will even no what is wrong with it because theres so many upgrades and deletes, plus how much would it cost

red
    2002 ws6

i dont seem to find any pinched or burned wires, my ses light flashes which means multiple missfire the ses fuse hasnt burned out again, when i think about it all these problems started to occur after i ripped the a.i.r. pump system out

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by lsmaxxed View Post
    i dont seem to find any pinched or burned wires, my ses light flashes which means multiple missfire the ses fuse hasnt burned out again, when i think about it all these problems started to occur after i ripped the a.i.r. pump system out
    hmm did you remove the AIR pump? if the problem really started after the air delete then i will back track everything that you did and make sure everything is good. Did you just did the headers, ORY and tune then the problem started once you put it all back together?
    Last edited by JayTA98; 06-13-2011 at 06:36 PM.

red
    2002 ws6

i put longtubes ory cat drove it 400 miles or so and it ran good then i took off a.i.r. Then ran poorly once i removed the a.i.r. Solenoid left the sensor to the pump unplugged and capped the sucking vaccum line. The problem is after a few mintues of driving it will get real jerky miss alot and when i romp on it it gets really loud and goes but i can tell theres power loss. The ses light flashes when i drive it for a while. Someone said a possible burned front 02 sensor, they arent but could that mean the front 2 02 sensors are bad? Also i had the recent tune after this problem started. I said no cats and no air pump. The rear 2 02 sensors are screwed into the ory but not plugged into the sensor wire they are zip tied up. Thanks for baring with me all opinions appreciated im just trying to get it to run right thanks guys

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

the problem lies in the air delete it sounds like. Maybe reinstall the air pump and hose and see if it runs right again. Sounds retarded yes, but that would eliminate that. I highly doubt your o2s just went out all of a sudden. It sounds like a vacuum leak to me and it's pointing to the air system since this started right after you deleted it.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

i put longtubes ory cat drove it 400 miles or so and it ran good then i took off a.i.r. Then ran poorly once i removed the a.i.r. Solenoid left the sensor to the pump unplugged and capped the sucking vaccum line. The problem is after a few mintues of driving it will get real jerky miss alot and when i romp on it it gets really loud and goes but i can tell theres power loss. The ses light flashes when i drive it for a while. Someone said a possible burned front 02 sensor, they arent but could that mean the front 2 02 sensors are bad? Also i had the recent tune after this problem started. I said no cats and no air pump. The rear 2 02 sensors are screwed into the ory but not plugged into the sensor wire they are zip tied up. Thanks for baring with me all opinions appreciated im just trying to get it to run right thanks guys
    it sounds to me that something went wrong after the air delete. you mention the air solenoid, are you talking about the fuse? when i remove mine I only remove the air pump fuse. Im assuming that put the block off plates in the manifolds(with gaskets).

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    the problem lies in the air delete it sounds like. Maybe reinstall the air pump and hose and see if it runs right again. Sounds retarded yes, but that would eliminate that. I highly doubt your o2s just went out all of a sudden. It sounds like a vacuum leak to me and it's pointing to the air system since this started right after you deleted it.
    thats what im thinking 35th, that is related to the air. Or something happened while he was deleting it.

red
    2002 ws6

sounds like a good idea i had thought about doing that but i didnt no if it would work because i had the a.i.r delete with my tune by frost

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

any way that you can post a video of close up around the engine area and the car running?

red
    2002 ws6

yeah i can make one with my camera but i dont know how to put it onto the computer. When first starting it it sounds fine its after driving it for a few mintues then at idle you can here it missing.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Wish I could offer more help, but I'm running out of ideas here. Other than the air delete, and a vacuum leak somewhere else, I have nothing else.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

yeah i can make one with my camera but i dont know how to put it onto the computer. When first starting it it sounds fine its after driving it for a few mintues then at idle you can here it missing.
    the only other thing i can think off is the spark plugs or wires? I just dont think it will throw o2 codes. I'm kinda of running out of ideas here.

red
    2002 ws6

for the a.i.r. Delete i unplugged the sensor its just dangling unplugged is this what you did? I removed the solenoid thing that had the 2 vaccum lines going 1 in and another out. I set the solenoid aside with the other a.i.r. Stuff and capped the sucking line that originally went into the solenoid sensor. I the removed the fuse, and relay and had it tuned out, just checking if this is the way that you deleted yours

Friend of mine had a misfire after doing headers, we started and reved the car in complete darkness and saw the #6 plug wire was arcing on the header. Just another idea.

red
    2002 ws6

hey i just started it in the dark but how do you check what you Are saying? i didnt see any spark or anything
    also im trying to upload a video on youtube to show you guys but it says 580 minutes to load its only 3 minutes long

red
    2002 ws6

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff-P8zEA3Zk[/ame]

i uploaded a video to youtube please help me find the problem!

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

i uploaded a video to youtube please help me find the problem!
    Im not sure if it is your camera but I think I can hear and air leak even when you are driving. Now that vaccum line that used to be part of the air solenoid. can you follow it to the back and pulled it out then plug it back there? The other thing I can think of is to spray starting fluid or wd 40 aorund the engine area and hear for a change in idle. that tells you you have a leak somewhere. Do thi with a cold engine. Did you use the stock mainfold gaskets?
    Last edited by JayTA98; 06-15-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

what they mean by arcing is that if look at the headers you can see it arcing between the headers and the spark plug boot.

How old are your spark plugs and wires? I had a bad wires and i never had a SES light until long down the road.

can you reach beind the intake? there is a T back there for the small vaccum line. Check the vaccum line connections back there and you should be able to take the T off and just plug the vaccum line that comes to the passenger side. The MAP sensor is back there as well and it has a small gasket.

Did you remove the coils when doing the headers? Did you make sure the wires click twice in the coils?

red
    2002 ws6

i took the t off behind the intake and inspected it already i used new gaskets that came with the headers and clicked the spark plugs twice this was all fine after the header install for 300 miles its when i messed with the air pump i think is when the problems started i did the a.i.r. pump 6 months after the headers.i dont get what spraying wd 40 on the engine will do?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

spraying it on the vacuum hoses and around the intake will show if you have a vacuum leak. The spray will suck into the vacuum line and the engine will idle differently if there is a leak.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information