Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

please help code p0102

This is a discussion on please help code p0102 within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; oh thanks, thats cool so now ill no when it is blown. now just to find out why it keeps ...

red
    2002 ws6

oh thanks, thats cool so now ill no when it is blown. now just to find out why it keeps cutting out at low throttle cruising speeds.
    maybe new fuel filter?

red
    2002 ws6

just started it again, blew a fuse. engine light came on. why does it keep doing this. I AM LOST!

red
    2002 ws6

could my front 2 o2 sensors be bad? the rear ones are still plugged in. do i need to do anything with these, they have been tuned out?

thanks

red
    2002 ws6

anoy one think my front o2 sensors are bad?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

you said the wires were melted??? did you replace them?

You said you cleaned them, which would mean you still have melted wires.

red
    2002 ws6

no, no wires were melted all i have figured out with my car is that after unplugging battery and replugging it to reset codes i start it three times then my ses light comes on and my ses fuse is blown. still have the cutting out and soot coming out

red
    2002 ws6

can anyone help me out? Does it sound like my 02s are bad? Also i had my 02s zoned out with tune, i have them still plugged in and in the exhaust, is this ok

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Your rear o2's have nothing to do with how your car runs...nothing.

Only your front (2) o2's do.

red
    2002 ws6

yes i understand. Im asking if my front 2 o2 sensors could be bad as i am at auto zone and they are 68 bucks each.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

It's possible. How many miles are on them?

red
    2002 ws6

50,000. i worked on the car all day i checked for burned wires there were none. i closed off the right vaccum line. i replaced the fuel filter. i cleaned o2 sensors and drove it after 5 minutes the ses light began to flash and the car stuttered worse than ever. i shut it off restarted it no ses light but still runs very bad. what could it be? it must be something with the vaccum line when i unplugged the sensor and capped off the vaccum line it runs worse than ever, any suggestions?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

OK.

I am 100% certain now that you have a vacuum leak. Flashing SES light means you are having multiple cylinder misfires.

You need to find that vacuum leak.

red
    2002 ws6

ok sorry i am new to forums i will keep to this thread. I dont know where to look for vaccum leaks i no u said spray brake cleaner on it to check but i cant get a can behind the firewall to spray the vaccum lines that i messed with. see i unplugged some vaccum line behind the intake because i thought that was the line to cap but then when i found the correct line to cap i re-plugged the lines behind the manifold by feeling only i could see what i was doing. how can i check those?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by lsmaxxed View Post
    ok sorry i am new to forums i will keep to this thread. I dont know where to look for vaccum leaks i no u said spray brake cleaner on it to check but i cant get a can behind the firewall to spray the vaccum lines that i messed with. see i unplugged some vaccum line behind the intake because i thought that was the line to cap but then when i found the correct line to cap i re-plugged the lines behind the manifold by feeling only i could see what i was doing. how can i check those?
    there is a small line behind the intake by the elbow that the big brake booster connects too. Make sure that line is not cracked or unplugged.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    there is a small line behind the intake by the elbow that the big brake booster connects too. Make sure that line is not cracked or unplugged.
    have you checked your PCV hose and have checked that is not cracked or rot? Is on the left side of the throttle body . Is kinda like a u shaped hose with some foam protecting the PCV.

red
    2002 ws6

how do i check the line behind the intake, i cant see anything back there?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by lsmaxxed View Post
    how do i check the line behind the intake, i cant see anything back there?
    is kinda of hard to look back there. If you look on the passenger side where the PCM sits you will see a small black plastic tube. If you follow the tube you will find a 3 way valve. One of the tubes go the back of the intake. follow that tube until you feel that it connects to the back of the engine. Pull it out and inspect it. If you have a leak most of the time you can hear it.

Have you checked the PCV setup yet?

Are you still blowing the ENG SEN fuse every ignition cycle? If you are I'm still thinking it's electrical. Vac leak(s) will make the car run like crap but throw other codes (P0171/P0174) for example. Vac leak can cause P0102 after the MAF but don't see it blowing a fuse. Time to bring it to a tuner or get all the codes and look them up individually at gearchatter.com for your year.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28 View Post
    Are you still blowing the ENG SEN fuse every ignition cycle? If you are I'm still thinking it's electrical. Vac leak(s) will make the car run like crap but throw other codes (P0171/P0174) for example. Vac leak can cause P0102 after the MAF but don't see it blowing a fuse. Time to bring it to a tuner or get all the codes and look them up individually at gearchatter.com for your year.
    I agree with this. the fuse is getting blown by a short somewhere. You either have a pinched or cut wire, or a component that is shorted out.

red
    2002 ws6

i justa had it tuned by frost maybe he messed the tune up, i checked the pcv and all hoses and the close off on top of the header that i blocked off it is all good, i have checked every wire for o2 sensors and wires around the headers all are good. i think it has to be bad 02 sensors or bad maff. the ses fuse has not blown again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information